Cover Letter For Schengen Visa: How To Write & Template
Last Updated : Oct 25, 2023
Atlys in the news
To apply for a Schengen Visa, you must submit several documents, including a Schengen Visa Cover Letter.
Your Schengen visa cover letter should include: contact information, recipient's details & introduction and purpose.
A well-written covering letter can significantly improve your application's chances of approval.
This post will provide a template and tips to help you get started.
You may need to apply for a Schengen Visa if planning a European trip. This type of visa allows you to travel freely within the Schengen Area, which includes 27 European countries.
What Is A Cover Letter For Schengen Visa?
A letter that you write and send with your other Schengen Visa application to the Schengen Embassy or Consulate is known as a "Schengen Visa Cover Letter" (or "Covering Letter").
The letter should give more details about the reason for your vacation and your plans to return to your home country.
The letter serves as your introduction by giving the consular staff at the Embassy/Consulate a quick rundown of your travel history (e.g., travel dates, employment background, etc.).
So, in short, your cover letter for Schengen visa serves as a brief description of your Schengen Visa application.
Template Of A Cover Letter (Schengen Visa Cover Letter Sample)
July 19, 2022
EMBASSY OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF DENMARK
3200 Whitehaven St. NW
Washington, DC 20008
United States of America
Subject: John XXXXXXX, US Passport No: XXXXXX, Schengen Visa for Tourism
I intend to visit Denmark between November 9 and November 28, 2022; hence, I must apply for a Schengen visa.
My primary motivation for travelling is to ski in Denmark and go sightseeing. In addition, I am eager to sample the world-famous Denmark cuisine, travel to other lovely Denmark locations, and learn more about Denmark's culture and way of life.
Since June 2018, I have worked at [name of employer] at [address of company] in the role of [your position title]. Therefore, my leave of absence from work for this trip has already been accepted by my company.
Here is a list of documentation that supports my Schengen Visa application:
- Visa application form, duly dated and signed with attached passport-size pictures
- Passport, showing my travel experience
- Travel Insurance , coverage of €30,000
- E-ticket reservation for my flight via Emirates for New York – Copenhagen – New York [November 9-November 28, 2022]
- Hotel reservations for our holidays in Norway and Germany
- Employment and leave records that list my planned return date to work and any permitted leaves
- Bank statements of Payslips and savings account as evidence of my earnings.
- Proof that I will conduct tourism activities in the form of reservation tickets for my stay in Denmark and bookings in Norway and Germany
Please also find additional information that proves I will be returning to the United States:
- Copies of my marriage and birth certificates proving that I have a spouse and children in the US
- A copy of the title deed to a property that I own
- An employment letter from my employer
- November 9, 2022 – Flight from New York to Copenhagen via [Flight number]
- November 10, 2022 – Travel to Hedelands Ski Center (I will be staying here for a week)
- November 18, 2022 – Travel To Marvik and stay there for 4 days
- November 22, 2022 – Travel from Marvik to Frankfurt
- November 28, 2022 – Flight back to New York from Frankfurt
I'm confident you'll discover everything is in order. Don't hesitate to contact me anytime if you have any queries or need clarifications.
I thank you in advance for a favourable reply to my application.
"Your Name And Surname""Your Address", United States
Why Do I Need A Cover Letter?
Writing a cover letter for Schengen visa is crucial to communicating with the embassy official handling your visa application.
Sometimes you'll have no opportunities to speak to the visa authorities and provide your details. This is due too many embassies employing the VFS services to collect paperwork and deliver the applicant's passport.
Therefore, writing a Schengen visa application cover letter explaining things for you is highly advised because immigration officers base their judgments on the documents you provide.
Why Is A Cover Letter Important?
The Schengen visa application cover letter is crucial to your application since it lets you identify yourself and explain why you travel. Therefore, let me explain why a Cover Letter can determine the outcome of your Schengen Visa application:
Provide Information That Other Documents Can't Provide
Most documents you must present are official records, making it difficult to show your previous travels clearly.
In other words, your visa application cover letter is the only document that can genuinely tell a tale.
Because the Embassy/Consulate officers can grasp who you are and why you need a visa, telling a narrative can be a powerful communication technique.
Speeds Up The Application Process
Each week, hundreds of applications are sent to embassies and consulates.
Sometimes, those in charge of processing a cover letter lack the time and patience to thoroughly examine each visa applicant's file to establish the reason for the trip and the will to return to their country of residency.
This is not to say that they do not thoroughly review your documents. Still, they usually do so to see if they demonstrate consistency.
Therefore, a perfect cover letter will make things easier for them and ensure a faster Schengen Visa processing time .
The Basics Of A Cover Letter
To create a compelling Schengen Visa cover letter, focus on details and persuasion. Convince Embassy/Consular personnel of your eligibility for the visa, highlighting the purpose of your travel.
In this post, we'll share key tips for a standout Schengen Visa application, ensuring success and faster processing. But first, let's discuss essential content for your Schengen visa cover letter.
The purpose of your visit to the concerned Schengen Country.
The days you intend to arrive and leave the nation (flight reservations).
A thorough schedule of your activities within the Schengen Area.
Evidence that you have the resources to support yourself.
Wherever you intend to stay.
Additional Schengen-member countries you intend to visit (if applicable).
If you have a sponsor for your trip, describe your relationship with them and how they will help you (if applicable).
If you cannot submit any required documents, explain why and what substitute documents you provided.
Any additional information you deem pertinent.
If applying for a double entry or multiple entry visa: the reason why you need to be allowed more than one entry.
You can demonstrate the reason for your journey with the supporting/required documentation.
Important Notes For The Perfect Cover Letter
My previous Schengen Visa application was rejected despite providing all the required details. After numerous emails to the Embassy, I discovered how to make your Schengen Visa Cover Letter flawless.
To avoid lengthy email exchanges, include the following in your cover letter:
Information Proving You're Only Going For Tourism
First, ensure you demonstrate your tourism intent with a detailed travel itinerary. Your visa application cover letter should also include the following :
General tourist attraction reservation tickets (a boat cruise, museum, or festival tickets).
Describe that you are travelling to go sightseeing. Include the names of the places you plan to visit with the exact dates.
Compelling Information That Proves The Reason To Travel Back To The US
You must present proof and include information that shows you plan to travel back to the US (or your home country). Compelling information would include:
An affidavit stating you will return to the US due to business activities.
Copies of your marriage and birth certificates are acceptable proof that you are abandoning your spouse and children in the US.
Copies of your bank statements demonstrating that you have accounts in the US.
A round-trip, fully paid flight to and from the United States.
Showing Evidence Of Property In Your Home Country
Before submitting your cover letter for Schengen visa, ensure you demonstrate your intent to return home to a property or residence in the US. Here's a list of visa application documents that prove your US property ownership:
A copy of the title deed to a property that you own.
Copy of your lease agreement.
A affidavit from a relative or friend stating that you live with them.
Evidence Of Employment In The US
Lastly, include proof of US employment in your Schengen Visa Cover Letter to assure officials of your intention to return to your job, not seek work in the Schengen Area. Here's a list of visa application documents for proof of employment:
A written affidavit by your employer stating you work for them.
An employment letter .
Bank statements prove you have a monthly income from a company located in the US.
The most crucial part is to include hard copies of these documents when submitting your Schengen Visa application. These documents will be substantial evidence to prove you will be returning to the US.
Other Types Of Visa Letters
Now that we've covered the important information about the cover letter for Schengen tourist visa, I will explain the cover letters for the different types of short-stay visas.
Medical Visa Cover Letter
Your doctor must prepare the visa application cover letter on your behalf if you are visiting a Schengen nation for medical care. Your Schengen Medical Visa Cover Letter must include the following information :
The suggested course of therapy for you in the Schengen nation, including its length.
Business Visa Cover Letter
The first thing you should note about the Schengen business visa cover letter is that your employer writes this letter.
It is more or less the same as the Tourist Visa Cover Letter. Still, here, your employer must state the purpose of your trip and confirm that you are completing business-related duties on their behalf.
Please remember that the Business Visa Cover Letter must be written on your company's letterhead.
When you (the applicant) won't pay for your travel overseas, you'll need a Schengen visa sponsor letter from the person who will. This letter must be signed by that individual (the sponsor).
It's a crucial document demonstrating you have the resources to support yourself on your journey (for expenses such as accommodation, food, transport, etc.).
An invitation letter for a Schengen Visa often states that you have been invited by someone or some other body who lives in the Schengen Area (or abroad).
Suppose you want to visit a friend or family who lives in the Schengen Area. In that case, you must show them an invitation letter for a Schengen Visa that the resident (your friend or family member) of the Schengen Area prepared.
Where Should I Submit My Cover Letter?
Now that we've covered how you must write a Schengen Visa Cover Letter, you're probably wondering where you must submit your cover letter for visa application. Here's a list of ways you can submit your Schengen Visa Cover Letter:
A Consulate or Embassy of the Schengen nation you are travelling to.
If the country you wish to visit does not have diplomatic representation in your country of residency, contact the Embassy or Consulate of another Schengen Country.
A company that handles visa applications on behalf of the Embassy or Consulate of the Schengen Country you are visiting.
The Most Common Schengen Visa Cover Letter Mistakes
It's crucial that you understand the mistakes people make on their Schengen Visa Cover Letters.
Here is a list of the most common mistakes people make when writing their Schengen Visa Cover Letter:
Not Explaining The Purpose Of Your Trip
Effective logical reasoning is essential alongside your cover letter and Embassy/Consulate interview. Articulate your motivation for visiting the Schengen Area and your commitment to returning home.
When explaining your plans to return, avoid vague statements like, "I will return to my country of residence since I cannot stay in the Schengen Region." Instead, specify a clear date, such as, "I will return to my country on November 28 as my employer allows a maximum of 4 weeks off."
Providing Duplicate Information
Include unique trip details in your cover letter, avoiding redundant information like, "I will be travelling to Norway between November 9, 2022, and November 28, 2022, and I will be staying in Hotel Clarion at 20 Ellehammersvej, Copenhagen," when applying for a tourist visa.
While this information is essential, Embassy/Consulate officers can verify trip specifics through reservations. Maintain a professional tone, but aim to tell a compelling story in your cover letter for visa application.
Your covering letter should include information regarding your trip that is not included in your other documents.
Submitting A Cover Letter With Spelling Mistakes
While Embassy/Consulate officials understand minor language errors, excessive spelling and formatting issues in your cover letter can convey a lack of care and respect for the application process.
Pay meticulous attention to spelling, grammar, capitalization, and structure to appear credible and dedicated. Attending to these details shows you as a well-organized, responsible applicant committed to the visa application process.
Not Presenting A List Of The Required Documents
Specify the document order for your application systematically.
Begin with the universal requirements (visa application form, passport, insurance, etc.), followed by trip-specific documents (hotel and flight reservations, travel itinerary for tourist visas), and finally, documents based on your circumstances (e.g., employment contract, No Objection Certificate (NOC)).
Information Is Not Corresponding With Other Documents
The specifics and justifications in your cover letter for visa application must correspond to the data and supporting documentation in all other documents you submit.
You risk denying the entire application if you make a statement in your letter that conflicts with or is out of alignment with the documentation you submit to the Embassy or Consulate.
You Can Now Officially Write A Perfect Cover Letter
No matter the Schengen Visa you want to apply for, you can create your visa letter easily after reading this page. Please remember that you can use the sample visa letters as a template.
It would be ideal if you customized it, though. Nevertheless, you are now fully knowledgeable about writing a letter to embassy for visa request.
Remember if you need a visa consider AtlysBlack to apply for your Schengen visa. AtlysBlack offers expedited visa appointments and end-to-end management ensuring you don't have to worry about anything.
Our information is sourced directly from government authorities, ensuring reliability. We utilize AI to simplify complex concepts for clarity, and our dedicated team rigorously verifies all details for accuracy. Rest assured, the information you discover here is dependable, as we exclusively rely on trusted sources.
German mission in US
Frequently Asked Questions
You are permitted to travel to the following European countries with your Schengen Visa:
Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Schengen Visa?
Uncover the timeline for Schengen visa processing, elements that impact it, and guidance for a seamless application. Delve into a detailed Schengen timeline.
Netherlands Schengen Visa: Eligibility & Application 2023
Guide on Netherlands Visa for US Citizens: Navigate the Schengen Visa process, requirements, and tips for a smooth application experience.
France Visa For US: Do I Need A Visa 2023?
Discover the essentials for obtaining a France visa for US citizens, including eligibility, requirements, and how US green card holders can apply.
Schengen Visa Financial Requirements: Minimum Balance & Info
Find important information about the financial requirements for each Schengen Country. This post will also outline the different proof of financial statements that can be provided.
Norway Visa For US Citizens: Application And Requirements
Everything you will need to know about the Norway Schengen Visa. Everything from the required documents, eligibility, and the application process.
What Is The Schengen Agreement? - Schengen Areas & Visa 2023
In this in-depth guide we'll explore the 27 Schengen States, the Schengen Agreement, European Unions also known as Brexit, and the Schengen Visa.
How To Submit A Perfect Schengen Visa Application?
This informative guide will show you exactly how to create the perfect Schengen Visa Application! Follow this to ensure your Schengen Visa Application is successful.
Schengen Visa Validity, Duration of Stay, and Multiple Entry Visas
Here you'll find everything you need to know about your Schengen Visa. Wondering about your visa validity, purpose of travel, or duration of stay?
Schengen 90/180 Day Rule - Schengen Rules Made Easy
Unlock the mysteries of Schengen Visa rules, including the 90/180 rule, with our comprehensive guide. Plan your European adventure with confidence!
+91 9605750505 | [email protected]
- Web Content Writing
- Advertising Copywriting
- Blog Writing
- Case Study Writing
- Company Profile Writing
- Press Release Writing
- Article Writing
- LinkedIn Profile Writing
- Cover Letter Writing
- Resume Writing
- Letter of Intent Writing
- Assignment Writing
- Essay Writing
- SOP Writing
- Letter of Motivation Writing
- Personal Statement Writing
- Letter of Recommendation Writing
How to Write a cover letter for Schengen Visa
Impactful sample cover letter for schengen tourist visa.
Planning a vacation to explore the Schengen region?
Are you on the lookout for professional help in the Schengen visa application process?
Worried about writing a powerful cover letter for Schengen visa ?
We have the perfect solution to your problems! Take a look at this blog which covers every dimension of writing a cover letter for Schengen Tourist Visa . Our professional writers have prepared this blog especially for you to get a clear picture of the cover letter writing process.
Table of Contents
Cover letter for schengen visa - an overview.
Let us first set the context. The Schengen region is a group of European nations that have collectively decided to lift all international borders, allowing European citizens to travel easily without obtaining a passport or visa.
Thus, a Schengen tourist visa is a type of travel permit that enables non-EU nationals to visit or stay in the Schengen area for 90 days. Depending on the purpose of your trip to these nations, there are various types of Schengen visas.
What is a Cover Letter for Schengen Visa?
A cover letter for Schengen visa is a personal statement which highlights your intentions of visiting the Schengen area. It is an opportunity presented to you for elaborating on your eligibility and purpose to travel to any number of Schengen countries.
A cover letter for Schengen Tourist Visa is submitted by non-European travellers if they are visiting the region for personal pleasure. In this formal document, you are required to make an appeal of your genuine intentions, personal information, travel plan, duration of your stay, ties with your home country, financial position, etc.
Significance of a Cover Letter for Schengen Visa
Now that you are more or less aware of what a Schengen Visa is, allow us to explain how writing a cover letter for one can be helpful to you:
- Your cover letter must explain the reason you intend to travel to the Schengen region, whether it's for business, personal pleasure, or both.
- Your cover letter will include a detailed explanation of your itinerary within the Schengen region, including the number of days you plan to spend in each Schengen nation, accommodations, etc.
- You can also explain your financial wherewithal or sponsorship details for proving your capacity to fund the trip to the Schengen area.
- A cover letter is an opportunity for you to convince the visa officer of your strong ties with your home country, giving reassurance that you have intentions of returning after your trip.
- A cover letter is a coherent narrative of your plan to visit the Schengen area and gives a different dimension to the other documents submitted alongside your visa application form.
- You can add a personal touch to your cover letter by including experiences from your life, thereby increasing your chance of visa approval.
What are the key points to be included in a Schengen Visa Cover Letter?
Your cover letter for embassy must include the following points in order to add value to the visa application process to visit the Schengen region:
- Purpose of visit: The most important element of your cover letter is your reason for travel. The purpose of your trip (tourist, family visitation, or business) must be made very clear.
- Travel itinerary: Your cover letter for a Schengen tourist visa must carefully list the number of Schengen nations you want to visit, the length of your stay throughout, whatever activities you have planned, etc.
- Details of accommodation: Your cover letter must mention details regarding any hotel reservations, invitation from your family, etc to prove your preparedness to stay in these Schengen countries.
- Proof of financial sufficiency: You must clarify your source of funding for your flight tickets, accommodation, entertainment, transportation, etc. during your trip in the Schengen area through your cover letter.
- Ties to home country: You are also liable to convince the visa officer of your strong connection with your home country in terms of property, family or employment.
- Intend to return: By stating compelling reasons in your cover letter, you must express your intention to return to your home country after the tenure of the requested visa.
- Travel insurance: The details about your international travel insurance that meets with visa limitations must be attached to your cover letter.
- Contact information: Include your residential address, email address, and phone number in your cover letter. This is to facilitate any further communication from the visa officer.
Potential reasons for rejection of your cover letter for Schengen tourist visa
Here are some reasons that might raise a potential red flag and cause rejection of your cover letter for Schengen visa :
- Your authenticity might be questioned if you fail to provide a convincing and genuine purpose for your visit to the Schengen area.
- Failing to provide concrete evidence of returning to the home country can give rise to suspicion of visa abuse or overstaying. This can lead to the rejection of your cover letter.
- Incomplete or inconsistency of information sends a bad signal to the visa officer. This is also a potential reason for the rejection of your visa request to visit the Schengen area.
- Inability to provide supporting documents can give rise to suspicion on the feasibility of your trip, leading to the rejection of your visa.
- Your cover letter faces the threat of rejection if you fail to prove your financial capacity to fund your trip adequately.
How to Write a Winning Cover Letter for Schengen Visa?
We understand the frustration of producing a convincing cover letter for Schengen tourist Visa . But let us assure you that by referring to the below given inputs, your task can be completed with ease. As you read through, you will go past:
- Writing guidelines
- Ideal format
- Strong sample
- Formatting guidelines
- Additional writing tips
Writing Guidelines to put together a strong Cover Letter for Schengen Visit Visa
We have put together the process of writing a personalised cover letter for Schengen Visa . Follow the below given steps to get started:
- Learn the visa requirements: Before sitting to write a cover letter, first learn about the Schengen visa regulations. Only with a clear understanding of the same, can you move on with the next task.
- Conduct your research: After having learned the Schengen visa restrictions, you must conduct a thorough study to plan your trip. This must include a proper research of the hotels, events, tourist attractions, etc.
- Refer to samples: Before you start writing, you can take inspiration from strong and previously approved samples. However, be careful not to copy them as it is.
- Start writing: You can now start piecing it all together in a professional yet enthusiastic tone. Be careful of sticking to the proposed format and keeping it as relevant as possible.
- Revise and proofread: After finishing the writing process, ensure that you go through the same multiple times to look for any mistakes in grammar, spelling or punctuation.
- Attach supporting documents: After the writing process is sorted, you must gather all the important documents and attach the same to the cover letter.
Ideal Covering letter format for Schengen visa
A good format can provide the right motivation and guidance to producing a strong and personalised cover letter. We have hence attached an ideal format that you can follow to produce a strong cover letter for Schengen visa:
- Start by providing your residential address and pin code
- Then state the concerned embassy/consulate, the job title, address etc.
- Include the date on which you are writing the cover letter
- Formally greet the reviewer to create a good impression.
- It is ideal to use “Dear”, “Respected” etc.
- Add a subject line that includes the visa type, your full name and passport information
- Introduce yourself by giving your full name.
- Mention the purpose of your visit to the Schengen area
- State the duration of your stay, including the dates of arrival and departure
- Start with a detailed travel itinerary stating the countries you intend to visit, the number of days you intend to stay in each country, etc.
- Make a list of the activities, or tourist attractions you wish to experience in the Schengen area
- Provide your financial information to prove your capacity to fund the trip
- Mention your ties with your home country to clarify your intent to return to your home country by elaborating on your commitments like family, property, work, etc.
- Provide details of your travel insurance
- Convey gratitude to the reviewer for their time and consideration
- Close by agreeing to comply with the visa regulations
- Provide your phone number, email address and other contact information
- Put your signature above your full name
Schengen visa cover letter samples
A good sample cover letter for Schengen visa can be instrumental in setting standards for your writing process. Below, you can find a sample cover letter for Schengen tourist visa for your reference:
June 20, 2023
“Address of consulate/embassy”
Subject: Ayushi Pathak, Indian passport no XXXXX, Schengen visa for personal trip
I am Ayushi Pathak and I am writing to apply for a Schengen Visit Visa for my winter vacation starting from DD.MM.YYYY to DD.MM.YYYY. The primary reason for my visit is to spend time with my friends, Sreelakshmi and Anahita, who are currently residing in Germany.
Besides spending quality time with my friends, I intend to explore the aesthetics and culture incubated by Germany. I am excited to experience the German food, the beer as well as the tourist hotspots that the country boasts. During my stay, we have also planned to vacation in France and Spain to celebrate our reunion.
I have prepared a detailed travel itinerary for the above-mentioned one month period for your kind perusal:
Day 1 – Fly to Frankfurt from New Delhi via “flight name” scheduled at “flight timing”. Upon landing, I intend to head directly to Sreelakshmi’s house at “address”.
Day 2 to 9 – Sightseeing in Germany and spending time with my friends
Day 10 – The three of us plan to fly from Frankfurt to Paris via “flight name”. We intend to reach Amsterdam by “time” after which we have reservations at “name of hotel”.
Day 11 to 13 – Sightseeing in France
Day 14 – We plan to take the “name of flight” scheduled at “flight timing” to Madrid. We are scheduled to reach by “time” and check in at “name of hotel”.
Day 15 – 19 – Sightseeing in Spain
Day 20 – Return to Frankfurt via “flight name” scheduled at “flight timing”.
Day 21 – 29 – Spending time with friends and sightseeing in Germany.
Day 30 – Fly back to New Delhi from “name of airport” via “name of flight” at “flight timing”.
I am a professional salesperson and I have about 10+ years of experience in managing sales teams. I am at present working as the Northzone Head of Sales at “name of company” and I have an annual compensation package of XXXXX. I have attached the details regarding my leave that have been approved earlier this week.
I am financing my trip by myself. I have been maintaining a bank balance of XXXXX and XXXX in my savings accounts at “name of bank” and “name of bank” for the past XX years. I am certain that this would cover my expenses I will incur during my one month vacation. I also have immovable property valued at XXXXX in New Delhi and Maharashtra.
I have all intentions to return after my one month break as I have to return back to work. I currently reside with my mother in New Delhi and she is heavily dependent on me. I have asked Ahalya, my second cousin, who is currently studying in Delhi University to stay with my mother while I am away. Though I am confident of my sister’s ability to take care of her, I am looking forward to reuniting with my mother who has been the greatest source of strength and support in my life.
While I am in Germany, I will be staying with Sreelakshmi Iyer, who is currently residing in “address”. She is working as a Marketing Executive at “name of company” and is available at “phone number” and “email” for any clarification. I am also meeting Anahita Singh, who is an established aesthetician and a businesswoman. She resides at “address” and is available at “phone number” and “email” for any further queries.
I have attached the following documents to support my application:
- Duly filled and signed visa application form
- Passport-size photos
- Passport showing my previous travel to the USA, Brazil and Australia
- Travel insurance policy covering XXXX
- Flight ticket booking
- Details of hotel reservations
- Employment contract
- Document to show leave approval from employer
- ITR, bank statements and payslips to show financial strength
I am certain that I have provided you with all the information pertaining to the visa application. I am excited to meet my former school mates who have stayed with me through thick and thin.
I am hereby assuring that I will abide by the visa regulations and I am aware of the implications if otherwise. In case you have any further queries or require any other documents, you can contact me at “phone number” or “email address”.
Thank you for your time and kind consideration. I am hoping for a favourable response from your end.
Formatting Guidelines to produce an appealing Cover letter for Schengen Visa
As much as the content matters, the readability and appeal is added by the format. Our professional writers have provided these guidelines to help you make your cover letter for Schengen Tourist Visa more presentable:
Additional Tips For Write your Cover Letter for Schengen Visa
Our writers have prepared this list of additional writing tips to help you personalise your cover letter for Schengen Visitor Visa :
- Ensure that you have addressed all the important points as mentioned in the visa regulations
- Personalise your cover letter with your unique information and stand out from the rest of the applications
- Make sure that you appropriately address the concerned authority with a formal greeting as this creates an impression in the starting itself
- Do not add any irrelevant information and make it too lengthy. Keep it concise and to the point.
- Duly attach all the documents that are required to support the claims in your cover letter
- Ensure that you proofread and revise thoroughly to do away with any spelling mistakes or grammatical errors.
Different types of Schengen Visa Cover Letters
Like the Cover letter for Schengen Tourist Visa , there are various types of cover letters for people who wish to travel to the Schengen area. We have listed below a few from the list:
- Cover letter for Schengen business visa: A cover letter for Schengen business visa application must comprise the purpose of your business visit, details of meetings or conferences scheduled, duration of your trip, your trade relations in the Schengen area, etc.
- Cover letter for Schengen student visa application: A Schengen student visa cover letter must include your intention for choosing to study in a Schengen country, your desired study program and university, your post-study plans, etc.
- Cover letter for work visa application Schengen: A Schengen employment visa cover letter must highlight the prominence of your services in the Schengen country. It should also include your work contract, your professional background, skills, etc.
- Cover letter for dependent visa: Your cover letter for dependent visa must portray your relationship with the primary visa holder. You must also explain how your presence in the Schengen country will support the primary visa holder.
- Cover letter for spouse visa: Your cover letter for spouse visa must elaborate on your marriage with the primary visa holder, your intention to join them in the Schengen country, the support you can provide them, etc.
- Cover letter for Australia Tourist Visa
- Cover letter for Japan Visa
- Cover letter for Visa Application
Final Checklist For Writing a Cover Letter
Now let us take a look at the checklist which can help you keep track of your cover letter for Schengen visa:
- Have you addressed the concerned authority appropriately?
- Is all the information provided accurate and true?
- Have you attached all the supporting documents with the cover letter?
- How many times did you revise and proofread the cover letter?
- Have you provided the contact information for further queries?
Yes, you are required to submit a cover letter for Schengen visa application .
There are 27 countries in the Schengen area namely:
- Czech Republic
A Schengen visa is typically valid for a maximum period of 90 days.
Your cover letter for Schengen visa must be within 1 page.
Yes, certainly. You can hire expert writers to draft your Schengen visa cover letter .
Mr. Sugathan is the founder of Professional Writing Services. He is an Army veteran who served the nation for more than two decades. During his tenure, he was involved in a lot of documentation and secretarial works. He has been drafting letters and documents on a daily basis.
Get In Touch
- SOP Writing Services
- Linkedin Profile Writing Services
- Personal Statement Writing Services
- Website Content Writing Services
- Resume Writing Services
- SEO Copywriting Services
- Blog Writing Services
- Article Writing Services
- Motivation Letter Writing Services
- Personal Essay Writing Services
- Ad-copywriting Services
- Admission Essay Writing Services
- Cover Letter Writing Services
- eCommerce Content Writing Services
- Essay Writing Services
- Press Release Writing Services
- Case Study Writing Services
- Company Profile Writing Services
- Scholarship Essay Writing Services
- Landing Page Content Writing Services
- Letter Of Recommendation Writing Service
PWS (Professional Writing Services) helps businesses meet their vision, students reach their study abroad destination and professionals get their dream job with 100% original high-quality content writing services.
- Letter of Recommendation
- Letter of Motivation
- Personal Statement
- Statement of Purpose
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Intent
- Advertising Copy Writing
- Company Profile
- Press Release
Get in Touch
Services in india, quick links.
- Terms of Service
- Refund Policy
We are always available to serve. Fill out the contact form and submit to connect to us.
Copyright © 2007-2023 Professional Writing Services | All Rights Reserved
Looking for professional writers? Connect With us
- Apply for Visa
- Custom Travel Itinerary
- Write for Us
Cover Letter for Schengen visa: The Easy Way
Posted by admin | Dec 13, 2022 | cover letter | 0
If you are a citizen of a country that needs a Schengen visa to visit Europe, then you are already aware of the requirement to submit a a cover letter for a Schengen visa along with a travel itinerary (for tourist and business visa applicants) . But how do you write one ? What is the format of the perfect cover letter ? . This post will show you how to get a cover letter for your visa processing
How to get a cover letter?
If you want to get a cover letter for Schengen visa which is properly structured and used by over 50,000 customers, then you can make one using BlinkDocs App. All you need to do is answer questions related to your Schengen visa & your cover letter will be created for you in perfect format.
Make Cover letter for visa in 5 minutes
BlinkDocs creates a hybrid cover letter which includes both the personal cover letter as well as the travel itinerary which otherwise, would have been another separate document. In fact, this the exact format that we use for all our visa customers.
What does a cover letter for Schengen visa include ?
According to Createcoverletter.com , a cover letter for visa is a document addressing the consulate of visa application with a brief on the applicant’s purpose of travel, work status and general day-wise travel plan he intends to pursue making a case for the approval of ones visa.
A cover letter is also called as personal cover letter or covering letter or a letter to the embassy for visa request. They all mean the same thing, this is also the only place where you can talk to the visa officer and make them clear why your visa needs to be approved so use this as an opportunity to provide more clarity to your application.
Cover letter format for Schengen visa will include the following sections in the same order:
- Address of the consulate (If you are applying with Germany, then the german Consulate)
- What type of visa you are applying for (tourist, business, visitor, student or other types.)
- Purpose of your travel with 2 line description (Example: I am going on a backpacking trip across germany, Spain and Portugal for 20 days. I also will be partaking in Oktoberfest which has been a dream from a long time.)
- Proof of money (Are you working or self employed)
- Documents submitted for the visa approval.
- Your contact details if the consulate want to get in touch with you if they have any doubts in your application. Email and phone no should be enough.
- Your Signature as an attestment.
Is covering letter required for Schengen visa Application ?
Yes. A cover letter is a mandatory document when applying for Schengen visa. As per the VFS website you need to bring a cover letter during your Schengen visa appointment.
Although many treat the cover letter and travel itinerary as two separate entities, the best way would be to create a common document for both the requirements. The next section deals with travel itinerary.
What does Travel Itinerary for visa mean ?
Travel itinerary for visa is a day-wise breakup of travel plan that you intend to pursue once your visa is approved. This is used by the visa consulate to determine two things.
- What is your purpose of your travel ? (Example, backpacking, honeymoon, to visit friend/relative, for attending a trade fair or event)
- What should be the validity period of your visa, if Approved ? (If you are travelling for 20 days, then your visa will have a validity of 22 days from the trip start date )
- Should you get a Single entry or multiple entry visa ? (Example : If you plan to travel to London during your Europe trip, then you need to have a multiple entry visa otherwise you will not be allowed to re-enter Schengen area, )
So keeping these things in mind. Please add a buffer of 2 days on your trip start and end date.
Sample covering letter for Schengen visa
What we love about BlinkDocs, is it provides you the ability to add travel itinerary in your cover letter itself, this is the cleanest way and takes care of both the visa requirements in a single document.
Here is a sample template for travel itinerary for Schengen visa applicants . In this example the applicant is travelling for 20 days between September 10 to September 30 2022
- Sep 10, 2022 : Depart from New York & Land in Zurich.Check in to my hotel
- Sep 11, 2022 : Day trip to Swiss Villages in Interlaken & Grindelwald with a local friend
- Sep 12, 2022 : Walk around Zurich touristic highlights . In the evening go on Felsenegg CableCar
- and Ferry Ride
- Sep 13, 2022 : Take a train to Bern and checkin to my hotel (Hotel EinstienHaus)
- Sep 14, 2022 : Take a day tour with a professionaltour guide and In the evening enjoy cheese and
- Fondue tasting.
- Sep 15, 2022 : Visit Einstein house and in the evening depart to Geneva
- Sep 16, 2022 : Take Geneva hop on Hop offtour.
- Sep 17, 2022 : Visit st PierreCathedral & in the evening take a stroll around the city landmarks.
- Sep 18, 2022 : Take a rental car from Geneva to LakeComo.Checkin to my hotel (Olendra Inn)
- Sep 19, 2022 : Enjoy the day around LakeComo
- Sep 20, 2022 : Depart to Milan and visit Duomo.Check in to my hotel (Casa Dumo de Milano)
- Sep 21, 2022 : Take a train to Venice & check in to my hotel (Hotel deVenezia)
- Sep 22, 2022 : Spend the day around Venice & check out Academia.
- Sep 23, 2022 : Visit the islands in Venice like Murano Burano & Lido
- Sep 24, 2022 : Leave Venice to Florence.Check in to my hotel (Titillia Inn)
- Sep 25, 2022 : Take a city tour with a professional guide around Florence. In the evening Enjoy
- local food and music.
- Sep 26, 2022 : Take a Day tour to Monaco.
- Sep 27, 2022 : Fly to France from Florence.
- Sep 28, 2022 : Enjoy Eiffel Tower and Sienna riverCruise in the evening.
- Sep 29, 2022 : Rent a car and visit Versailes
- Sep 30, 2022 : Leave Paris and back to my home in New York
What should the format of a cover letter be in ?
The cover letter should be English only and of A4 size in a pdf format, A copy of this document must be placed on top of your visa application.
The next section will provide you with sample cover letter for Each and every consulate type.
Cover letter for Austria Schengen visa
If you are applying for a S chengen visa with the Austrian consulate , then the format of your cover letter using BlinkDocsApp , then you can use the below format.
The changes that needs to be made would be:
- Address of the Austrian Consulate in your Jurisdiction
- The type of Schengen Austria visa that you are applying
- What is your purpose of travel to Austria ?
- Proof of financial means (Are you working or self employed).
- Documents submitted towards Austria visa.
To know more about cover letter for Austria visa
Cover letter for Germany Schengen visa
To know more about cover letter for Germany visa
If you are applying for Germany Schengen visa , then you can use the below format.
Cover letter created using BlinkDocs App
Consulate of Germany House, 9th Floor, Hoechst, 193, Backbay Reclamation, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400021
Sept 20 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Germany Consulate
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to visit Germany for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 I will also be travelling to Spain & Portugal. Travel Purpose: I am visiting Germany for my vacations. I intend to backpack from Munich to Salzburg and Hallstatt. I will also be going to Barcelona and Lisbon
As Sri Lankan citizen, I need to get a Schengen Tourist Visa for the same.This would explain my trip and provide concrete reasons for the approval of my visa.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Munich from Mumbai & check into my hotel
- Oct 7, 2022 : Visit BMW Weldt and take a stroll around the city.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Take a day tour to visit Bayern Munich stadium and take a tour to see all their trophies won. Travel to Vienna
- Oct 9, 2022 : visit Skywalk and visit some pubs in the night
- Oct 10, 2022 : back to Austria and visit Schonbrunn palace
- Oct 11, 2022 : Take a train from vienna to Lisbon
- Oct 12, 2022 : travel from Lisbon to Barcelona.
- Oct 13, 2022 : fly back toMumbai from Barcelona
I am currently working at Swiggy as Delivery Agent. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the German consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
- Proof of visa fee paid.
- Original and copy of my passport with minimum 6 months validity
- Flight itinerary from an agent . The itinerary will be ticketed once visa is approved.
- Bank statement from my sponsorer for this trip.
- Travel Insurance for the duration of my stay as per visa specifications mentioned on the
- consulate site
- Duly filled visa application form
- My employment contract
- Travel Itinerary during my trip as mentioned above.
I trust you will find that everything is in order. If you need to contact me for further clarification or
additional details on my application my details are below.I look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely, Date: Dec 1, 2022
( James Matter ) Ph : +85134579449 Email: james.matt @iicoud.com
Cover letter for Spain Schengen visa
If you are applying for Spain Schengen visa , then keep in mind that you will not be applying with VFS but with BLSS Spain .Below is the sample cover letter if you were to apply for a Spain Schengen visa.
To know more about cover letter for Spain visa
Consulate of Spain No. 6, Nimmo Rd, Santhoshi Nagar, Santhome, Mylapore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600004
Sept 23 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Spain Consulate
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to visit Spain for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 I will also be travelling to Portugal & Austria. Travel Purpose: I am visiting Spain for my honeymoon along with my wife .
- Oct 13, 2022 : fly back to Mumbai from Barcelona
I am currently working at Royal Syrian Bank as Branch Manager in Chennai. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Spanish consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
- Flight itinerary from an agent. The itinerary will be ticketed once visa is approved.
( Laura Merchant ) Ph : +85134579449 Email: laura.merchant2234 @iicoud.com
Cover letter for Portugal Schengen visa
If you are applying for Schengen visa with the Portugal consulate, then the below sample can be used as a template to create your cover letter.
To know more about cover letter for Portugal visa
Consulate of Portugal 3 Portland Pl, London W1B 1HR, United Kingdom
Sept 27 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Spain Consulate
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to visit Portugal for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 I will also be travelling to Belgium and Croatia. Hence I request you to issue me a multiple entry visa Travel Purpose: I am visiting Portugal to visit my aunt. She stays in Casandra and I will be visiting Gent and Split in my trip as well.
As Australian citizen, I need to get a Schengen Tourist Visa for the same.This would explain my trip and provide concrete reasons for the approval of my visa.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Lisbon from London & checkin with my aunt.
- Oct 7, 2022 : Visit Belhem Tower & Time out Market.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Take a day tour to Carmo convent along with LxFactory.
- Oct 9, 2022 : Take a flight to Brussels & checkin to my hotel in Gent
- Oct 10, 2022 : Walk around and Explore Genk and try famous Leffe beer.
- Oct 11, 2022 : Take flight to Split
- Oct 12, 2022 : Take a cruise from Split to Liverpool
- Oct 13, 2022 : Return back to London from Liverpool
I am currently working at Chelsea Football Club as Matchday Steward. My aunt is the sponsorer of this trip. I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Portugese consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Visitor Visa application
I trust you will find that everything is in order. If you need to contact me for further clarification or additional details on my application my details are below.
I look forward to hearing from you.
( jenny rashford ) Ph : +85134579449 Email: jenny.rashford @iicoud.com
Cover letter for Belgium Schengen visa
Below is a sample cover letter to be used if you want to apply for Belgium Schengen visa . The same was prepared using BlinkDocs app.
To know more about cover letter for Belgium visa
Consulate of Belgium Trasacco Valley, Phase II Taricone East Legon P.O. Box CT 3890, Cantonments Accra ,Ghana
Sept 8 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Belgium Consulate
Dear Sir/Madam, I would like to visit Belgium for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 I will also be travelling to London & Austria. Travel Purpose: I am visiting Belgium for 10 day vacation for 3 days in Genk and two days in Salzburg and spend the rest of the days in London.
As a Ghana citizen, I need to get a Schengen Tourist Visa for the same.I intend to pursue the below itinerary on my trip.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Brussels from Accra airport
- Oct 7, 2022 : Visit Genk and take a walking tour around the town
- Oct 10, 2022 : Fly to Salzburg and go to Fortress Hohensalzburg
- Oct 11, 2022 : Take a tour around Mozart’s Birthplace and Hangar 7.
- Oct 12, 2022 : Fly to London and stay with my friends for 2 days.
- Oct 13, 2022 : fly back to Accra from London
I own a bakery in Accra for the past 20 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Belgian consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
- Flight itinerary f rom an agent. The itinerary will be ticketed once visa is approved.
( Gombele Saliba ) Ph : +85134579239 Email: lgombel.saliba @iicoud.com
Cover letter for France Schengen visa
If you are applying for a France Schengen visa , then the below cover letter format can be used.
The same was prepared using BlinkDocs app.
To know more about cover letter for France
Consulate of France 4 Montgomery St #3400, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
August 8 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with France Consulate for Honeymoon
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit France for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 Travel Purpose: I am visiting France for 7 days for my honeymoon along with my wife.
As a Indian citizen, I need to get a Schengen Tourist Visa for the same. Below is the itinerary that we have planned for this trip
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Paris and Check into our hotel in Gaare Du nord.
- Oct 7, 2022 : Visit the Eiffel Tower and take a river cruise on Sienne.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Take a hop on hop off City tour on Big Bus.
- Oct 9, 2022 : Visit the Catacombs and a night tour around Mullion Rouge
- Oct 10, 2022 : A full day experience in Louvre Museum.
- Oct 11, 2022 : Stroll around Montmarte.
- Oct 12, 2022 : Watch a football match in PSG Stadium.
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back to San Francisco from America.
I work as a lead Engineer in Facebook for the past 3 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the French consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
- The same documents has been submitted for my wife
I trust you will find that everything is in order.
( Saravana Bhavana) Ph : +85134579239 Email: saravan.bavan @iicoud.com
Cover letter for Switzerland Schengen visa
Switzerland is a dream destination for many. If you have applied for a Switzerland Schengen visa,although Switzerland is not part of the Schengen area you are allowed to visit Switzerland on a Schengen visa.
You can use the below format for the cover letter that we created on BlinkDocs.
To know more about cover letter for Switzerland
Consulate of Switzerland Pier 17, Suite 600, San Francisco, CA 94111, United States
Jan 18 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Switzerland Consulate for Honeymoon
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Switzerland for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . I will also be visiting Austria & Germany. Travel Purpose: A solo backpacking trip around Switzerland since I love train tours and eating chocolates
As a Pakistan citizen, I need to get a Schengen Tourist Visa for the same. Below is the itinerary that we have planned for this trip
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Zurich and Check into my hotel in the same.
- Oct 7, 2022 : A day tour around Zurich eating Chocolates and Foundue.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Take a cruise on the Zurich lake and go up the mountain train.
- Oct 9, 2022 : Day trip to Grinelwald.
- Oct 10, 2022 : Visit Austria and go to the scenic village in Hallstatt.
- Oct 11, 2022 : Take a day trip in train to Munich and attend Oktoberfest
- Oct 12, 2022 : Munich city tour along with my friends.
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back to San Francisco.
I work as the CEO of blinkvisa.com for the past 3 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
- Proof of visa fee paid
( Mohammad Ghrewaty) Ph : +85134579239 Email: muhammad.grwaty @iicoud.com
Cover letter for Czech Republic Schengen visa
Though not on top of everybody’s travel list, if you want to see a charming and a relaxed side of Europe then Czech republic is a great choice. Hence the cover letter format would be.
To know more about cover letter for Czech Republic visa
Consulate of Czech Republic PF8F9+78F – Al Marina – Marina Village Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Czech Republic Consulate
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Czech for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . I will also be visiting Austria & Germany. Travel Purpose: A solo backpacking trip around Czech & the bavarian region.
As an Indian citizen, I need to get a Schengen Tourist Visa for the same. Below is the itinerary that we have planned for this trip
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Prague and Check into my hostel.
- Oct 7, 2022 : A day tour around Prague enjoying Prague beer.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Take tour around Prague Castle and Charles Bridge.
- Oct 9, 2022 : Visit Vyšehrad and visit local pubs.
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back to Abu Dhabi
I work as the Marketting Manager of Etislat telecom for the past 3 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Czech consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
- F light itinerary from an agent. The itinerary will be ticketed once visa is approved.
( Mohammad asani) Ph : +8513457000 Email: muhammad.asani @iicoud.com
Cover letter for Denmark Schengen visa
If you have a penchant to experience Scandinavian region, then Denmark is a wise choice. While there you could also visit the Faroe Islands, the cover letter example for Denmark Schengen visa format would be.
To know more about cover letter for Denmark
Consulate of Denmark PF8F9+78F – Al Marina – Marina Village Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Denmark Consulate
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Denmark for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . I will also be visiting Norway & Iceland.. Travel Purpose: A trip with my friends to experience Scandinavian culture & enjoy Icelands unique architecture.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Copenhagen and Check into my hostel.
- Oct 7, 2022 : A day tour around Copenhagen and visit the Carlsberg park.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Take a flight to Iceland and checkin to my hotel.
- Oct 9, 2022 : Rent a car and take on the ring route
- Oct 10, 2022 : Day tour to see the northern lights.
- Oct 11, 2022 : Take a Flight to Oslo and check into my hotel.
- Oct 12, 2022 : Visit the Fortress & The Vigeland Park
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back to Abu Dhabhi
I work as the Marketting Manager of Burj Khalifa for the past 5 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Denmark consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
( George Sunnyold) Ph : +85134237000 Email: George.sunnny @iicoud.com
Cover letter for Italy Schengen visa
Italy is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Europe and if it is part of your plan then you can use the below cover letter sample
To know more about how to create cover letter for Italy visa
Consulate of Italy Kanchenjunga Building, 72, G.Deshmukh Marg, Cumballa Hill, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400026
Aug 28 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Italy Consulate
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Italy for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . I will also be visiting Switzerland & France. Travel Purpose: I am going on a solo trip exploring the northern Italy region , lake como, Switzerland and a part of Paris.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Milan and check into my hotel.
- Oct 7, 2022 : Visit Duomo in Milan and enjoy pizza.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Take a train to Lake como and checkin to my hotel
- Oct 9, 2022 : Explore the castles and scenery around Lake como.
- Oct 10, 2022 : Explore Matterhorn and JungFro mountains.
- Oct 11, 2022 : Take a train to Paris from Zurich
- Oct 12, 2022 : Walking tour around Paris
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back to mumbai from Paris
I work as the Talent Acquisition head of Sony India or the past 8 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Italy consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
Cover letter for Greece Schengen visa
If you like to immerse in the Greek history and enjoy its GORGEOUS islands , then you will need a Greece Schengen visa. In that case, you can make use of below sample cover letter.
To know more about how to c reate cover letter for Greece visa
Consulate of Greece 4th Floor Urmi Axis Building, West, behind Famous Studio, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400011
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Greece Consulate
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Greece for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . I will also be visiting Hungary & Czech. Travel Purpose: To explore the islands and Mediterranean cuisine of Greece and explore parts of Hungary and Czech along with my wife and two kids.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Athens from Mumbai and Checkin to our AirBNB.
- Oct 7, 2022 : Visit Acropolis of Athens & the temple of Zeus.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Take a day tour around Greece and settle among the streets for a sumptous meal.
- Oct 9, 2022 : Dat tour in a cab to Plaka with my family.
- Oct 10, 2022 : Take train to Budapest and enjoy the Buda market and bustling streets.
- Oct 11, 2022 : Visit the Scandinavian cottages.
- Oct 12, 2022 : Take a train to Prague and enjoy a day tour in the city.
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back to mumbai from Prague
I work as the HR Head of Flipkart or the past 8 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip for myself and my family.
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Greece consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
Cover letter for Netherlands Schengen visa
If you want to visit Amsterdam and enjoy the old charm of Zaanse Schans and maybe purchase a wooden shoe, then you will have to apply for Netherlands Schengen visa . In that case, you can make use of below sample cover letter.
To know more about how to create cover letter for Netherlands visa
Consulate of Netherlands 4th Floor Urmi Axis Building, West, behind Famous Studio, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400011
Cover letter for Norway Schengen visa
There is no place like Norway with its advancements and a cruise on the Fjords is a dream for many . Also it’s northern lights are a sight to behold if you fancy Norway as your next destinations, then you will have to apply for Norway Schengen visa . In that case, you can make use of our sample Cover letter for Norway below
To know about how to create cover letter for Norway visa
Consulate of Norway 50-C, Shantipath, Chanakyapuri New Delhi – 110021
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Norway Consulate
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Norway for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . I will also be visiting Finland in this trip. Travel Purpose: To spend my vacation of 10 days cruising on the Fjords and experience Northern lights firsthand and sit on Trolltunga and contemplate life.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Land in Oslo and Check into AirBNB.
- Oct 7, 2022 : Take a tour Tromsø: Whale and Arctic Wildlife Cruise Safari by Catamaran
- Oct 8, 2022 : From Tromsø: Northern Lights Guided Bus Chase
- Oct 9, 2022 : Take a cruise From Bergen: Osterfjord, Mostraumen and Waterfall Cruise
- Oct 10, 2022 : Tromsø: Self-Drive Husky Dog Sledding Adventure
- Oct 12, 2022 : Take a train to Helsinki and enjoy a day tour in the city.
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back to mumbai from Helsinki
I work as the Tech Lead Head of Amazon LLC or the past 4 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip for myself
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Norway consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
Sincerely, Date: Aug 6, 2022
Cover letter for Poland Schengen visa
If you want to avoid the noisy Germany and Austria & indulge yourself in some cheap beer and World war history then Poland is the right place for you . If that is what you fancy, then you will need a Poland Schengen visa and the below cover letter will help you get it.
To know more about how to create cover letter for Poland visa
Consulate of Poland 42/2 8th Main Road, 5th Cross, RMV Extension, Bangalore – 560100
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Poland Consulate
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Poland for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . I will also be visiting Germany & Austria in this trip. Travel Purpose: To understand more about World war history since I am fascinated to know more about its struggles.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Fly to Krakow from Bangalore via Munich.
- Oct 7, 2022 : Take a tour Krakow: Auschwitz-Birkenau Tour
- Oct 8, 2022 : Tour Zakopane Tour with Thermal Pool
- Oct 9, 2022 : Gdańsk: City Sights and History Guided Walking Tour
- Oct 10, 2022 : visit Munich and Checkin to hotel
- Oct 11, 2022 : Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Castle Full-Day Trip
- Oct 12, 2022 : Rothenburg and Nördlinger Ries
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back to Bangalore from Munich
I own a travel agency in Bangalore specialising in Germany or the past 4 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip for myself
I am following the requirements as mentioned on the Polish consulate website. Please find enclosed the following documents to support my Schengen Tourist Visa application
( Gnagadaga Sunnyold) Ph : +85134200 Email: Gnagadaga.sunnny @iicoud.com
Cover Letter for Finland Schengen visa
If you are visiting Finland for a vacation purpose or business travel or any other reason , then the visa consulate will require you to produce cover letter along with other visa documents.
To know more on how to create cover letter for Finland visa
Consulate of Finland Eden Square, Greenway Lane, off Westlands Road, Nairobi,Kenya
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Finnish Consulate
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Finland for tourism between Oct 6, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . Travel Purpose: To understand more about World war history since I am fascinated to know more about its struggles.
- Oct 6, 2022 : Fly to Finland
- Oct 7, 2022 : Take a tour Helsinki Cathedral
- Oct 8, 2022 : Tour Esplanadi
- Oct 9, 2022 : Visit Linninmaki
- Oct 10, 2022 : GO to Market square
- Oct 11, 2022 : Visit Kampi chapel
- Oct 12, 2022 : visit olavinlinna
- Oct 13, 2022 : Fly back home
I own a travel agency in specialising for the past 4 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip for myself
Cover Letter for Latvia Schengen visa
If you are visiting Latvia is your Schengen country of choice, then you can use the below sample to produce cover letter along with other visa documents.
To know more on how to create cover letter for Latvia visa
Consulate of Latvia #2002, Baker Street, Nairobi,Kenya
Aug 21 2022
Subject: Approval of my Schengen Tourist Visa with Latvian Consulate
Dear Consulate, I would like to visit Latvia for tourism between Oct 8, 2022 and Oct 13, 2022 . Travel Purpose: To understand more about World war history since I am fascinated to know more about its struggles.
- Oct 8, 2022 : Land in Latvia
- Oct 9, 2022 : Visit House of the Black Heads
- Oct 10, 2022 : GO to Jurmala Beach square
- Oct 11, 2022 : Visit Riga Motor Museum
- Oct 12, 2022 : visit Riga Central Market
I own a Insurance agency in specialising for the past 4 years. I am the bearer of all my travel expenses on this trip for myself
( asdsdsd Sunnyold) Ph : +8513423i3 Email: sdsjd.sunnny @iicoud.com
How To Get Free Cover Letter for Any Visa Application In 5 Minutes
Create Free Cover Letter For Work Visa
Create Free Cover Letter For Spouse Visa
Create Free Cover Letter For Visitor Visa
Create Cover Letter For Transit Visa
Create Free Cover Letter For Sports Or Culture Tourism Visa
Create Cover Letter For Medical Visa
Create Cover Letter For Business Visa
Create Cover Letter For Student Visa
Create Free Cover Letter For Sweden Schengen Visa
Create Cover Letter For Latvia Schengen Visa
Create Cover Letter For Lithuania Schengen Visa
Create Free Cover Letter For Iceland Schengen Visa
Create Cover Letter For Estonia Schengen Visa
Create Free Cover Letter For Hungary Schengen Visa
Create Free Cover Letter For Luxembourg Schengen Visa
Create Cover Letter For Slovakia Schengen Visa
Create Cover Letter For Slovenia Schengen Visa
About The Author
Create cover letter for switzerland schengen visa [with ai].
March 1, 2023
Travel Itinerary for Slovenia Visa Approval
August 5, 2023
Travel Itinerary for Latvia Visa Approval
August 7, 2023
İtalya Schengen vizesi için kartvizit oluşturun
May 16, 2023
- The Jharkhand Legislative Assembly (Removal of Disqualifications) Act, 2006
- The Jharkhand State Assembly (Pay, Allowances and Pension) Act, 2001
- The Kerala Agricultural Debtors (Temporary Relief) Act, 2001
- The Nalanda Open University (Amendment) Act, 2013
- The Madras Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Act, 1978
SAMPLE COVER LETTERS for VISA APPLICATION: Korea, Schengen, Australia
Employment certificate, financial documents, and income tax return (ITR) are the staples of most visa applications. But there is one document that is usually overlooked — the cover letter.
A cover letter isn’t always a requirement when applying for a visa. However, it’s something that we often recommend to add to your pile of documents, especially if there is no interview and you have some explaining to do.
You see, sometimes, things don’t always fit the mold perfectly. There are cases wherein you can’t provide the exact document needed, but you have a very good alternative. Or maybe you just can’t provide something at all, but you have a perfectly valid reason. Or perhaps you’re traveling with a group or for a special purpose. These instances could probably benefit from a well-crafted explanation to give the visa officer a clearer picture of your situation.
When I apply for a visa, I usually submit a cover letter regardless of whether or not it’s one of the requirements. I always want to give a summary of my application and clarify some aspects that may be prone to misinterpretation.
WHAT'S COVERED IN THIS GUIDE?
What should be in a cover letter?
For me, a good cover letter must be able to provide the following:
- A short introduction about yourself.
- Your travel dates and the purpose of your trip
- If traveling with a group: your companions and your relationship with them
- If sponsored: your sponsor’s name, your relationship with them, and the reason why they are willing to sponsor you
- If you’re missing some requirements: the reason why you won’t be able to provide them and the alternatives you are submitting instead
- If applying for a double entry or multiple entry visa: the reason why you need to be allowed more than one entry
- A quick rundown of the destinations you will be visiting
- A quick summary of your travel history (if any), highlighting that you have NEVER violated visa rules in the past
- A promise to return to your home country in time
Looks like a lot, huh? But here’s the thing: According to a couple of friends who used to work as visa officers at strict embassies, they usually had very little time to assess each application. Hence, if you’re going to make a cover letter, go straight to the point . One page should be enough. The key is being concise — finding the balance between giving enough information and keeping it short and sweet.
Here are some samples. I intentionally used complicated situations to give you an idea how I usually explain them. If they don’t apply to you, feel free to modify these to match your case. Please use this only as a model for your own cover letter. Please do not copy-paste the whole thing without adjustments.
Sample Cover Letter for Australian Visa (Online Application)
✅ DOWNLOAD THIS!
Sample Cover Letter for Schengen Visa
✅ DOWNLOAD THIS HERE!
Sample Cover Letter for Korean Visa
2020 • 1 • 7
Is this post helpful to you?
More Tips on YouTube ⬇️⬇️⬇️
- HOW TO AVOID GETTING OFFLOADED: Airport Immigration Requirements
- How to Apply for a SCHENGEN VISA via FRENCH EMBASSY
- SCHENGEN VISA via FRENCH Embassy: NEW Requirements & Application Process
- KOREAN VISA: LIST OF TRAVEL AGENCIES Accredited by the Embassy
- Sample INVITATION LETTER for JAPAN VISA Application (Reason for Invitation)
- The Road to VISA APPLICATION APPROVAL: When is the Right Time? How to Prepare Early?
- SOUTH KOREAN SHORT-TERM VISAS Temporarily SUSPENDED!
- NEW PASSPORT APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS & DFA Schedule Appointment Tips
- Recent Posts
- 10.10 Tipid Hack: How to Earn Extra while Traveling! - 9 October 2023
- Best Area to Stay in BORACAY? Station 1, 2, 3, Bulabog Beach, Newcoast Comparison - 26 July 2023
- How to Buy Affordable Travel Insurance Online (PGA SOMPO TravelJOY Plus – Philippines) - 17 July 2023
where to attach cover letter for Australia Visa application?
In my case, I uploaded it under Evidence of Planned Tourism Activities > Others.
Hello, I will be applying for a Japan visa and will submit a cover letter din. I have a few questions:
- If I am traveling with friends pero we will be submitting individual applications, do I need to include that in the cover letter na I am with them on this trip?
- Do you need to submit all your savings account o kahit isa nalang?
- Plan ko rin sana (dahil nabasa ko sa ibang posts nyo hehe) na payroll and savings account ipasa, pero kung nililipat ko rin naman yung laman ng payroll sa savings, need ko pa ba isubmit yung payroll account?
- Sa ibang Japan visa application na napanuod ko, nagsusubmit sila ng bank certificate at bank statement. Do I need to do that?
- If yes, need ko ba explain sa cover letter ko na tinatransfer ko sa digital bank muna yung pera saka ko tinatransfer sa savings account? (kasi baka makita, if may bank statement, na nanggaling sa ganitong account yung pumasok na pera)
sorry habang nagtatype ako nadadagdagan questions ko haha. sana masagot parin. Thank you sa travel guides. Super helpful. :)
This is for Japan ha.
1. You may indicate your companions. Ako I prefer na imention sila to show na travel with friends talaga.
2. OK lang kahit isa lang kung sa tingin mo strong enough ung account na yun. Pwede ring madami if feeling mo di enough ung isa lang.
3. Naeempty ba ung payroll account when u transfer?
4. Bank cert lang naman ang need ng Japan so kahit walang statement, ok lang.
5. If hindi ka magsusubmit ng statement, di na need iexplain kasi hindi lalabas. :)
I plan to visit Canada and have started my visa application. I selected visit friend for purpose instead of tourism as I would like to be fully honest with my application. My very purpose is to be with my boyfriend and meet his family and friends. Touring comes as a bonus. Would it be fine to add captions or narrations on the pdf document together with our pictures as proof? I also have our hotel and tour bookings and his boarding passes on the two times that he has visited me here in PH. This is the Proof of Relationship section on the application visa.
Hello. Any recommendations for Schengen visa assistance agencies?
Try Gazelle Travel and Tours around Ortigas or Constellation Travel in Makati.
We heard you!
Your comment is now queued for moderation! We’ll try to get back to you soonest. While waiting, follow us on these channels.
Subscribe on Youtube! Follow us on Instagram!