Share this page
Put your best qualities on display with professional, customizable resume and cv templates. no matter your line of work or length of professional history, you'll find resume and cv templates that'll help you get the gig..
Download free resume templates
Land your dream job with free, customizable resume templates. Showcase your potential to recruiters and stand out from other candidates with a professional template. Whether you're applying to corporate positions or creative roles, go with a sleek design or show your creativity with bold colors .
Resumes don't need to look boring—add flair to your professional experience with a creative resume template. There are plenty of resume designs to choose from, like simple resume templates and modern resume templates. Each resume template is fully customizable in Microsoft Word , so you can personalize each design element and add your own text. Using a template also makes it easier to customize your resume for each position you apply to.
Print out as many copies as you'd like or download the template for free to share digitally when applying online. These professional resume templates are perfect for any stage of life or career. Whether you're a high school student, actor, or seeking a career in nursing, you can find any format for any job type.
There are also a variety of free CV (Curriculum Vitae) templates to choose from. A CV is often longer than a resume and contains an in-depth look at your education and professional accomplishments. Like our resume templates, these CV templates are also customizable in Word.
Remember, your next job is only a template away! Once you've customized your resume, explore free cover letter templates to help you land the job.
- Search Search Please fill out this field.
- Career Planning
- Finding a Job
- Cover Letters
Free Cover Letter Templates for Microsoft Word
Alison Doyle is one of the nation’s foremost career experts.
- Microsoft Word Cover Letter Templates
- Access Letters From Your Computer
Access Templates Online
- Create a Customized Cover Letter
Tips for Writing an Interview-Winning Cover Letter
- More Free Templates
A good cover letter can mean the difference between catching the hiring manager’s attention and languishing in job search limbo. But many job seekers find it hard to stare down that blank page. How do you summarize your most important qualifications in a way that makes it clear that you’re the best candidate for the job? Cover letter templates can help.
A cover letter template provides a "fill-in the-blank" format. You can use it to create your own letter to send with your resume when you apply for a job.
Using a template saves you a few steps and helps you structure your letter in a professional way.
Free Microsoft cover letter templates are available online from Microsoft Office Online, as a download for Microsoft Word users, or are available within your Word program.
Note that not all templates may work with all versions of Word, so check before you download. There will be a message next to the download button advising if there are restrictions.
Not a Microsoft user? Google Docs also has free template samples available for letters and resumes. Using any of these templates can help you to feel confident that you are properly writing and formatting your cover letter .
Free Microsoft Word Cover Letter Templates
There are a variety of templates available for Microsoft Word. Template options include general cover letters and both job- and career-specific cover letter samples. For example, there are cover letter templates for professionals, temporary workers, and candidates who are sending in their resumes unsolicited.
Microsoft Word also offers a variety of different cover letter template designs, with resume templates to match. Note that if you choose one of these fancier template designs, you’ll want to choose a resume template to match.
Be consistent in your application materials, whether it’s matching your cover letter to your resume or choosing a font or format. That way, hiring managers can focus on your work experience—not your stylistic choices.
Access Cover Letters From Your Computer
Open Microsoft Word, then click on:
Then, search for online templates by typing your keywords (e.g., “cover letter”) in the field provided. You can also click on the "Resumes and Cover Letters" category to get more options. Review the available options and choose the design you like best.
If you don’t own a copy of Microsoft Office or a subscription to Microsoft 365, you can still access cover letter templates . These templates are free and editable online.
Visit the Microsoft Cover Letter Templates website, browse the cover letter templates, then click on the title to preview the sample. You'll need to sign up for a free account to edit the document.
Once you find a template you like, click Edit In Browser, then follow the instructions to customize and save your cover letter. There are also sets, which include matching resumes and cover letters, available to use.
Use the Template to Create a Customized Cover Letter
Once you have downloaded or opened a cover letter template file , type over the text in the file to create your own personalized cover letter .
The template will include all the relevant information that you need to include in your document. Simply change the generic version to include your personal and professional information.
It's a good idea to include additional details about your qualifications and experience. Take the time to match your qualifications to the job description . Include keywords related to your skills and achievements.
To customize your cover letter further, look for a contact person at the company, ideally the hiring manager or HR contact, and address the letter to this person. If you have an employee contact at the company who is willing to refer you, be sure to mention them in the first paragraph of your cover letter. Employee referrals carry a lot of weight with hiring managers.
Double-check to make sure there is none of the template information left in your final saved version. Finally, carefully proofread for grammar and typographical errors before saving and sending your cover letter.
To avoid sending a blank template or the wrong version of your cover letter, choose a file name that’s easy to remember. It should always include your name and may also contain the name of the position for which you’re applying.
Avoid version numbers and cutesy nicknames when choosing a file name for your resume.
- Send one. Even when an employer does not directly ask for one, be sure always to send a cover letter . The only time you don’t want to send one is when the job listing says not to.
- Review examples . Review cover letter examples and tips for how to write a cover letter , so yours makes the best impression.
- Customize each letter. It might seem tedious, be it is important to customize each cover letter to fit the specific job you are applying for. It will make your letter stand out.
- Highlight relevant qualifications. In your cover letter, address one or two skills or qualifications that you have that match the job description. Provide a specific example of a time you demonstrated each of these qualifications. These examples will make your cover letter different from your resume, which is important.
- Explain any potential issues. You can use your cover letter to go into detail about something in your resume that needs explaining. For example, a cover letter is a good place to talk about a career shift or explain an extended gap in employment .
- Carefully edit your letter. Be sure to edit each cover letter before sending it thoroughly. Consider asking a friend or family member, or a career counselor , to read over your cover letter.
More Templates for Resumes and Letters
Microsoft letter templates are available as a free download for Microsoft Word users or are available within your Word program, to use to create a variety of letters. There are letter templates for cover letters, resignation letters , reference letters , thank you letters, interview letters, and a variety of business letters.
Additionally, Microsoft resume templates are available as a free download for Microsoft Word users to use to create a resume. Microsoft Word resume options include basic resumes, job-specific resumes, and career-specific resumes.
By clicking “Accept All Cookies”, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts.
Download Word Doc Cover letter Templates for free
Do you need a really simply and professional word template for your cover letter? Download any of cvstudio best free cover letter templates in MS Word.
Professional MS Word cover letter template (Free)
General ms word cover letter template (free), creative ms word cover letter template (free), entry-level ms word cover letter template (free), design your resume for free.
If a sheet of paper represents your entire work life, personality, and skills, it better be a pretty amazing piece of paper!
Copyright © 2022 by CvStudio, Inc. All rights reserved.
Privacy preference center
We care about your privacy
But what exactly are cookies? Cookies are small bits of information which get stored on your computer. This information usually isn’t enough to directly identify you, but it allows us to deliver a page tailored to your particular needs and preferences.
Because we really care about your right to privacy, we give you a lot of control over which cookies we use in your sessions. Click on the different category headings on the left to find out more, and change our default settings.
However, remember that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of our website. Finally, note that we’ll need to use a cookie to remember your cookie preferences.
Without these cookies our website wouldn’t function and they cannot be switched off. We need them to provide services that you’ve asked for.
Want an example? We use these cookies when you sign in to Kickresume. We also use them to remember things you’ve already done, like text you’ve entered into a registration form so it’ll be there when you go back to the page in the same session.
Thanks to these cookies, we can count visits and traffic sources to our pages. This allows us to measure and improve the performance of our website and provide you with content you’ll find interesting.
Performance cookies let us see which pages are the most and least popular, and how you and other visitors move around the site.
All information these cookies collect is aggregated (it’s a statistic) and therefore completely anonymous. If you don’t let us use these cookies, you’ll leave us in the dark a bit, as we won’t be able to give you the content you may like.
We use these cookies to uniquely identify your browser and internet device. Thanks to them, we and our partners can build a profile of your interests, and target you with discounts to our service and specialized content.
On the other hand, these cookies allow some companies target you with advertising on other sites. This is to provide you with advertising that you might find interesting, rather than with a series of irrelevant ads you don’t care about.
Let us help you create your first cover letter.
How can i create a cover letter .
Go back to your dashboard. That’s where you can access all your resumes, cover letters, and websites. Go to section Cover Letter .
On the left side of your screen, you should see a rectangle with “Create New” in the middle. Hover your mouse over it. You can now choose to:
- Create a new cover letter from scratch ( New Cover letter ).
- Use one of Kickresume’s 530+ cover letter examples as your starting point ( Use Example ).
1. Create a new cover letter from scratch
- To begin, click New Cover letter , as shown in the screenshot above. This will take you to Kickresume’s cover letter editing interface.
- You can now begin to enter your contact details, company’s information, headline, and other information you’d normally expect to see on a cover letter.
2. Create a cover letter by using a cover letter example
Using a cover letter example is great when you don’t know how to begin writing your resume. Our cover letter library has more than 530 cover letter examples organized by profession. Here's how to start:
- Click Use Example . This will take you to our cover letter library.
- Use the search field or the navigation bar on the right to find a resume that fits your needs.
- Click Edit Example . This will copy the example to your profile and take you back to the cover letter editor.
- You can now start editing the cover letter example.
Think of it as your first draft.
By the way, one thing about first drafts, you should never let anyone see your first draft. Rewrite it. Edit it. Use your own words to describe your career. Don’t leave it to anybody else. Use that cover letter example only as a starting point. It’s not something you can submit with your work application without making significant changes to it.
How to choose a template?
Once you’ve created a new cover letter, it will automatically appear in the first template from the selection. If you choose an option to create a cover letter from a cover letter example, it will automatically load in the same template.
But you can change the template anytime. This is how:
- In the left bar, click on Design and then on Template .
- Choose a template you like.
You can choose both from free and premium templates, minimalistic or creative designs. Or you can use a matching template to your resume (if the chosen template has its cover letter version).
Try out different designs and find the one you like the most. Each template also comes with different color variations. How to change it?
- Click on Customization and then on Color .
- Choose a color you prefer.
What to write in my cover letter?
This short infographic below will show you that writing a cover letter is a lot simpler than you might think.
In the top right corner, you can also find a section Exa mples & Guides . You can find there:
- Getting started guide that you’re reading right now.
- 530+ cover letter examples that you can use as the foundation for your content.
If you're still having trouble writing your cover letter, check out our complete cover letter guide . It contains everything you need to know to write a great cover letter.
How can I edit an existing cover letter?
- Go to your dashboard and to section Cover letter .
- Choose a cover letter you’d like to edit and either:
- Click on the preview and it will automatically direct you to the editing mode.
- Or click on three dots in the low right corner, now click on Edit .
On a side note — Your cover letter will be saved in your account so you can edit the content, change templates and download unlimited copies, forever.
How can I customise my cover letter?
- Start editing your cover letter.
- In the left bar, click on Design . This will take you directly to the Customization section.
What can you customise there?
- Template colour
- Font (and it’s size too)
- Page format (A4 or letter)
- Line spacing
- Address format
How to download my finished cover letter?
There are two ways to download your finished cover letter:
- Right after finishing it in the editing interface.
- Or from your dashboard.
The downloaded document will be in the PDF format.
Besides that, you can also send it directly to your (or hiring manager’s) email or export it in MS Word format.
1. Download PDF cover letter in the editing interface
After you’re finished with writing and editing your cover letter, here's how to download it:
- In the left bar click on Download .
- Then click on option Download in PDF .
2. Download PDF cover letter from your dashboard
- Go to your dashboard to section Cover letter .
- Choose a cover letter you’d like to download and click on three dots in the low right corner.
- Now click on Download .
3. Send PDF cover letter to email
After you’re finished with writing and editing your cover letter, you can send it to email:
- Then click on option Send to Email .
- Enter the email address and you’ll receive your finished cover letter.
You can do the same from your dashboard as well:
- Go to your dashboard and to section Cover letter .
- Choose a cover letter you’d like to send to email and click on three dots in the low right corner.
- Now click on Send to Email .
4. Export cover letter to MS Word
If you’d like to, you can also export your cover letter in MS Word format. How to export it?
- Then click on option Export to Word .
- Choose a cover letter you’d like to send to email and click on three dots in the low right corner.
- Now click on Export to Word .
However, please note that this is only an export, not a regular download.
What does it mean? Unfortunately, Word documents don’t support our graphic elements. Therefore, it will only be a plain text from your cover letter. No fancy graphics, no pictures. But all necessary information.
On a side note — you can also use this export feature without having a Premium membership (even if you’re using a premium template).
Hungry for more?
How to write a professional resume summary [+examples], how to put your education on a resume [+examples], how to describe your work experience on a resume [+examples], let your resume do the work..
Join 3,600,000 job seekers worldwide and get hired faster with your best resume yet.
Free Professional Letter Template
- professional thank you letter
- professional letter
- professional cover letter
Free Download this Professional Letter Template Design in Word Format. Easily Editable, Printable, Downloadable.
Introducing the Free Professional Letter Template, available exclusively on Template.net. Craft impeccable business communications effortlessly with this highly editable and customizable template. Tailor your letters to perfection, showcasing your professionalism. With its user-friendly design, this template streamlines your correspondence with ease. Elevate your brand's image and create a lasting impression. Your message, your way.
No template.net attribution required