Finance & Banking Professionals
Real Estate Manager
Cyber Security Expert
- CV Editing Service
- Success Stories
- Tier 2 Sponsor List
Lidl cover letter example.
Table of Contents
If you have seen a job in which you are looking to apply for with Lidl then it is important to do your research into the company and more specifically the role that Lidl are advertising for and how you feel you could fulfil the role for them.
Lidl has been around since 1930 when they were a German wholesale store. Today they are one of the largest retailers in Europe. Lidl came to the UK in 1994 and today they have over 590 stores.
Lidl operates a friendly customer service with a money back guarantee to their customers. They look for committed employees who want to work to high standards and drive their business forward both in the UK and Internationally.
If you are ready to write your covering letter to Lidl, please see the below example which you can use as a guide. Salutation and closure are crucial, and there are many ways to address a cover letter without a name .
222 Every Road, Any Town, AA1 1BB ___________________________________________________
Mrs Jane Smith ABC Company All Streets Any Town YY1 1ZZ
Application for the role of NAME OF ROLE for which store
I would like to apply for the role of Name of the role to be based at which store which I have seen advertised in which publication and when.
Having looked into your food store, I am very interested in the standards that Lidl upholds to both its customers and staff and I would like to be a part of your growth and driving the business forward.
I come from a customer services background and have had a great deal of training in this area. I feel that I relate well to customers and can deal with many issues arising from customers whilst remaining calm and patient at all times.
I am enthusiastic, eager to learn and keen to do whatever it takes to have a successful retail career with Lidl.
I have enclosed my CV for your consideration. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.
Thank you for taking the time to read my application and I look forward to hearing from you.
Also, get the best CV writing services .
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to craft a cover letter for Lidl job?
When you start writing a cover letter for a job at Lidl, some criteria should be included in your letter, such as
- Start by researching the company and the specific role you’re applying for.
- Mention your relevant qualifications and experience, and explain why you’re interested in working for Lidl.
- Remember to highlight your strengths
- Finally, end your cover letter by expressing your enthusiasm for the opportunity and thanking the hiring manager for their consideration.
2. Who do you address a cover letter to at Lidl?
After your final touch, end your cover letter with a thank gratitude, then address your cover letter to the hiring manager or recruiter responsible for the position you’re applying for. You can easily find the job posting on Lidl’s website if you are searching for any information.
3. How to make a CV for Lidl?
When you start writing a CV for Lidl, certain things are to be taken into consideration like: –
- Start with a clear and concise summary of your skills and experience.
- Highlight relevant qualifications or certifications, such as a business degree or retail management experience.
- Remember to include your employment history, focusing on positions demonstrating your ability to handle responsibility and work in a fast-paced environment.
- At last, customize your CV to the specific role you’re applying for by highlighting the skills and experience that are most relevant to that position.
4. What skills are Lidl looking for?
If applying for the Lidl post, Lidl looks for customer-centric, team-oriented candidates who stick to solid work ethics. They also search for a candidate most reliable, adaptable, and resilient to the working culture. They also look for strong communication and organizational skills, attention to detail, and a willingness to learn.
5. How to prepare for Lidl interview?
When you are going to attend the Lidl interview, certain things to be kept in mind like: –
- Research the company and the specific role you’re applying for
- Be prepared to discuss your relevant experience and skills, and come ready with examples of how you’ve demonstrated those skills in the past.
- Dress up professionally, arrive on time, and be friendly and engaging throughout the interview.
6. Is it easy to work at Lidl?
Working at Lidl has its challenges, like any job. But most employees doing this job find the most prestigious and rewarding. Lidl is well known for its fast-paced and dynamic working culture, which has tremendous opportunity and growth.
7. How much does Lidl pay per hour?
Lidl’s hourly pay may vary as per the role and position. But as per the. Glassdoor, Lidl pays an average of $15 per hour for store associate positions in the United States.
8. What is the question on Lidl interview?
A few examples include:
- How have you demonstrated customer service, teamwork, and problem-solving skills?
- How can you work in this fast-paced and dynamic working environment?
Interviews always show your keen intreats in working flexible hours. The interviewer may ask why you are interested in opting for this Lidl job.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Recent Posts
- Lidl Cover Letter Example - May 2, 2023
- British Airways Job Application - July 10, 2022
- Virgin Job Application - July 6, 2022
iCover help job seekers fulfil their job aspirations by setting realistic goals and perfect career choices. Our CV writing services shape the candidate’s future to get their dream job. We staff industry experts, always eager to boost your confidence to crack interviews.
Excellent 4.9 out of 5
Company Name – BESTWRITING LTD
File no – 14419413
CV Writing Services
Cover Letter Writing Services
Terms & Conditions
128 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX
+44 74764 69125, 24/7 customer support.
Losing Out On Your Dream Job Due To A Poor CV?
Order a professional cv @ £40.
Write My CV Now!
You have Successfully Subscribed!
- Back to main page
- Lidl Careers
- International Careers
Current opportunities at Lidl GB
We believe our workforce is amongst the most talented and hard-working in the industry. Everyone here works together to make Lidl GB a success, and in return we do all we can to look after them. We look forward to receiving your application!
Our recruitment process is simple and straightforward. It’s also quite competitive. Follow our simple steps to help you prepare for our interviews, and ensure your CV and covering letter are both professional and persuasive to help you do your best - and really stand out.
Tips for your application
How to prepare.
Remember, an interview is a two-way process. It’s an opportunity for you to learn about us and for us to learn about you. To ensure you get the most out of the experience, we’ve come up with some useful tips that’ll help you prepare – and give you that extra bit of confidence on the day.
- Re-read the job advert and job profile on our website. Think about how you meet the key competencies we’re looking for and any specific examples where you’ve displayed these qualities.
- Know your CV. We’ll ask you questions about your CV so make sure you refresh your memory before the interview.
- Think about your key skills and strengths. Being confident about what you have to offer will help you to relax and perform well during the interview.
- Visit one of our stores. Have a look around, look at what our staff do and think about what it would be like to work for us. Consider the things you might enjoy and the challenges you might face.
- Research us. Don’t just tell us facts about our business. We want to hear what you find interesting or surprising or impressive about us. We want to know why you’d be good for the job and work well in our team.
- Prepare a list of questions. Use the interview to assess if the role is right for you. Think about your aspirations, motivations and future career plans. Don’t be afraid to ask questions about any aspect of the role you think is unclear or have concerns about.
- Bring notes. Feel free to bring notes with key points or specific work examples you wish to mention. Having them written down may put your mind at ease and allow you to focus and enjoy the interview.
Before you can join, you’ll need to attend one/two interviews.
We’ll ask you about your skills and experience, and assess how well they match the job you’re applying for. We may also ask you some situational questions to see how you would handle certain situations you’d experience on the job. We’ll be keen to learn more about you, how you like to work, and what your motivations and aspirations are.
Before you begin your application, take a moment to consider your strengths. What are the qualities you have that will make us want to hire you? Whatever they are, make sure they’re clearly spelled out in your application.
Along with thinking about your strengths, take some time to look at your work experience. What are the different roles you’ve done in the past, and what skills and knowledge have you gained as a result? How could you apply those skills and knowledge at Lidl?
Once you’ve completed your application, make sure to proofread it before submitting. Spelling errors and grammatical mistakes won’t look great on your application, especially if you’re applying for a job that requires attention to detail.
Finally, make sure to attach your CV and, even if it’s not required, a covering letter. If done well, they’ll give your application a real boost.
How to write a CV
Whatever role you apply for, you should attach a CV to your application. It’ll give you another chance to sell yourself, and us a chance to see that you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for.
Before attaching your CV though, take a look at it and keep the following advice in mind:
- What aspects of your experience show that you’d be good for the job? This could involve work experience, education, training, projects, sporting activities, hobbies, voluntary activities, awards or achievements. Make sure these points come across clearly on your CV.
- We’ve built our success on simplicity, efficiency, hard work and determination. When we look at your CV, we’ll be looking for ways in which you demonstrate these qualities.
- We’re passionate about providing outstanding service and quality. If you are too, make sure it shows on your CV.
- Check that your CV is well-structured and the layout easy to follow. You may have just the experience we’re looking for, but if it’s not clear on your CV, we won’t know!
- Finally, if you’re applying for a management role, show us that you have what it takes to be a great leader. We want to know that you can motivate and inspire others and lead a team to success. If your CV proves that you can, your application will be off to a great start.
How to write a cover letter
Just as important as your CV, if not more important, is your covering letter. This is your opportunity to tell us more about yourself. What are your motivations and aspirations? Why are you interested in joining our team? Expand on what your CV says and provide real examples of your skills and experience.
As you write your covering letter, here are some pointers to keep in mind:
- First impressions are crucial, so make the first few lines of your letter count.
- Keep your covering letter to one page, no longer.
- Be clear about which job you’re applying for, how you found out about it and why you applied.
- Check for typos and spelling errors – attention to detail is essential in nearly all of our roles.
- Show us that you’re really interested in the role you’re applying for and in working for Lidl.
- Work out the key competencies you’ll need for the role, then use real examples to illustrate how you’d be the perfect fit.
- Let us know roughly when you’re available for interviews and, if successful, when you could start the job.
- Finally, end on a positive note, leaving us intrigued and eager to find out more!
Sample cover letter for Full Time position at lidl
Dear Management Staff,
I’m interested in the Genius position at the Apple Store in Shadyside where I can apply and further enhance my knowledge and technological skills. Visiting the Apple store led my interest in working there not only because I’ve always been computer savvy, but I’ve been thoroughly impressed with the service. Being greeted at the entrance, noticing how effective the methods are of controlling customer traffic in a friendly manner was remarkable. I know I am the most qualified candidate for the Genius position due to my technological and interpersonal skills.
Given my past experiences in interacting with the public as well as the technological field, I am an ideal candidate for the Genius position at Apple. I’ve gained a lot of experience with computers in the past throughout high school and college. In my first year of high school I built my own desktop computer. I taught basic robotics and programming for three years working for CMU’s National Robotics Engineering Consortium (NREC). Throughout my college career I’ve been maintaining my previous laptop (IBM) for five years, which allowed me to brush up on my technical skills. Working at Antiochian Village camp in the summer has expanded my interpersonal skills by interacting with the public and facilitating extensive conflict resolutions. It’s also a natural habit of mine to seek out helping others. I love assisting people, and I think that after observing staff at the Apple retailers in action, I want to do the same thing.
I would like the opportunity to meet and learn more about Apple’s job opportunities and how my skills align with the Genius position. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your consideration.
- Back to main content
- Lidl IE Careers
- International Careers
As the job maket is quite competitive, we thought we'd provide you with some helpful advice on how to do your best and really stand out. Here are some hints and tips on how to write a CV and what to look out for when attending an interview.
How to write a good CV
- It must catch the reader's eye, as you will probably only have 20 - 30 seconds to attract their attention.
- The layout must be clear and simple, enabling the reader to find the information they need quickly.
- Ideally keep the CV to 2 pages (try to include a cover letter that is targeted to the position you are applying to).
- Keep sentences short and punchy (avoid long paragraphs and sentences).
- Use bullet points to break up the text under section headings.
- Include a short summary at the beginning of your CV stating the type of role you are seeking & what skills you can bring to this role.
- Include enough detail about previous jobs and experience (focus on key tasks & skills developed).
- Shout about your achievements, employers need to know the benefits of employing you.
- Check your CV carefully for errors before sending it. Tiny errors can distract and make you look careless and lazy. Preferably get someone to check it, as they are more likely to spot errors.
- Include anyhting that might be considered as a failure.
- Include your previous salary or salary expectations.
- Use fancy borders or colour paper.
- Write your CV in Excel.
- Be ready to provide reference details easily and without hesitation.
- Be able to provide confirmation of academic results.
- Recruiters & Hiring Managers need to know what you are currently studying or where you are currently working.
- Recruiters need a direct contact number, not just a home number.
Hints and tips
- Be prepared - do your research!
- Review your qualifications for the job.
- Dress appropriately.
- Look the interviewers in the eyes.
- Find a comfortable position in the seat.
- Be cooperative and enthusiastic.
- Practice with friends and family.
- It is ok to be nervous!
- Demonstrate your communication skills.
- Listen to the questions fully and keep answers to the point.
Search our current opportunities now!