8 Copywriter Cover Letter Examples
Copywriters are skilled wordsmiths, adept at creating compelling content that hooks readers and drives action. Similarly, your cover letter is your personal sales pitch, a crafted narrative that hooks recruiters, showcasing your skills, experiences, and unique value proposition. In this guide, we'll delve into top-notch Copywriter cover letter examples, helping you to pen a persuasive introduction that leaves a lasting impression.
Cover Letter Examples
Cover letter guidelines, copywriter cover letter example, freelance copywriter cover letter example, senior copywriter cover letter example, creative copywriter cover letter example, advertising copywriter cover letter example, seo copywriter cover letter example, marketing copywriter cover letter example, junior copywriter cover letter example, how to format a copywriter cover letter, cover letter header, what to focus on with your cover letter header:, cover letter header examples for copywriter, cover letter greeting, get your cover letter greeting right:, cover letter greeting examples for copywriter, cover letter introduction, what to focus on with your cover letter intro:, cover letter intro examples for copywriter, cover letter body, what to focus on with your cover letter body:, cover letter body examples for copywriter, cover letter closing, what to focus on with your cover letter closing:, cover letter closing paragraph examples for copywriter, pair your cover letter with a foundational resume, cover letter writing tips for copywriters, showcase your writing skills, highlight relevant experience, personalize your letter, include a call to action, proofread thoroughly, cover letter mistakes to avoid as a copywriter, generic cover letters, not showcasing your writing skills, ignoring the importance of proofreading, being too wordy, not including a call to action, cover letter faqs for copywriters.
The best way to start a Copywriter cover letter is by grabbing the reader's attention with a compelling introduction. This could be a brief anecdote about your experience in copywriting, a unique skill you possess, or a significant achievement in your career. It's also important to mention the company's name and the specific role you're applying for to show that your letter is personalized and not generic. This approach not only demonstrates your writing skills but also shows your enthusiasm and interest in the role and the company.
Copywriters should end a cover letter by summarizing their interest in the position and their qualifications. They should also express enthusiasm for the opportunity to contribute to the company. For instance, they could say, "I am excited about the possibility of bringing my unique skills and experiences to your team, and I am confident that I could provide significant value to your company." It's also important to thank the reader for their time and consideration. Finally, they should include a call to action, such as, "I look forward to the opportunity to discuss my application further," followed by their contact information. This ending is professional, courteous, and leaves the reader with a positive impression.
A Copywriter's cover letter should ideally be about one page long or around 300-500 words. This length is enough to succinctly introduce yourself, explain why you're interested in the role, showcase your relevant skills and experience, and express your enthusiasm for the company. As a copywriter, your cover letter is also a demonstration of your writing skills. It should be concise, engaging, and free of errors. Too long of a cover letter can lose the reader's interest, while too short may not provide enough information about your qualifications.
Writing a cover letter with no direct experience as a Copywriter can seem challenging, but it's important to remember that every professional starts somewhere. Here's how you can approach it: 1. **Research**: Understand the company you're applying to and the role you're interested in. This will help you tailor your cover letter to their specific needs and values. 2. **Introduction**: Start your cover letter by introducing yourself and stating the position you're applying for. Make sure to mention where you found the job listing. 3. **Highlight Relevant Skills**: Even if you don't have direct copywriting experience, you might have relevant skills that can be applied to the role. For example, if you've done any writing in your previous jobs or during your education, make sure to highlight that. If you've worked in marketing, sales, or any other role that required persuasive communication, those experiences are also relevant. 4. **Showcase Your Knowledge**: Demonstrate your understanding of what copywriting involves. You can mention any relevant courses you've taken, books you've read, or any other ways you've educated yourself about copywriting. 5. **Provide Examples**: If you have any samples of your writing, even if they're not specifically copywriting, make sure to mention them. If you have a blog, or if you've written articles, reports, or anything else that showcases your writing skills, include them. 6. **Express Enthusiasm**: Show your passion for copywriting and the company you're applying to. This can make up for a lack of experience. 7. **Closing**: In your closing paragraph, thank the hiring manager for considering your application and express your interest in discussing your application further. Remember, everyone starts with no experience at some point. What's important is showing that you have the potential to learn and grow in the role.
Related Cover Letters for Copywriters
Journalist cover letter.
Editor Cover Letter
Content Writer Cover Letter
Technical Writer Cover Letter
Copywriter Cover Letter
Freelance Copywriter Cover Letter
Senior copywriter cover letter, creative copywriter cover letter, advertising copywriter cover letter, seo copywriter cover letter, marketing copywriter cover letter, junior copywriter cover letter, related resumes for copywriters, copywriter resume example.
Try our AI-Powered Resume Builder
- Resume Experts
- Search Jobs
- Search for Talent
- Employer Branding
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter
15 senior copywriter cover letter templates.
How to Write the Senior Copywriter Cover Letter
I submit this application to express my sincere interest in the senior copywriter position.
Previously, I was responsible for software support and training to students and faculty for Adobe Connect, Canvas, Echo 360, Examsoft, Pharos.
I reviewed the requirements of the job opening and I believe my candidacy is an excellent fit for this position. Some of the key requirements that I have extensive experience with include:
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experienced in social media, SEO, web project management, and web content strategy
- Digital portfolio showcasing short- and long-form writing samples
- Superior writing skills, strong copy editing, proofreading and research skills
- Verifies facts, dates, and statistics using standard reference
- Understanding of social media best practices along with AP Style and SEO principles
- Expert understanding of video and ad formats production process
- Excellent copywriting, editing, proofreading and grammatical skills
Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my cover letter and to review my resume.
- Microsoft Word (.docx) .DOCX
- PDF Document (.pdf) .PDF
- Image File (.png) .PNG
Responsibilities for Senior Copywriter Cover Letter
Senior copywriter responsible for quality assurance of all creative deliverables, which includes proofing all layouts and copy to ensure that work is aligned with our brand identity and that proper grammar/spelling is used.
Senior Copywriter Examples
Example of senior copywriter cover letter.
Please consider me for the senior copywriter opportunity. I am including my resume that lists my qualifications and experience.
In the previous role, I was responsible for messaging and copy direction and approval of final print, digital and motion creative.
- Strong creative writing abilities
- Experience writing for small business customers in addition to consumers
- Experience developing content strategy for websites
- San Francisco or Sunnyvale location strongly preferred
- Actively participate in concept development / brainstorm sessions
- Able to understand and apply a brand’s voice to all communication materials
- Comfortable presenting materials to groups (internal and external)
- Collaborate with teams across marketing, contributing creative ideas, encouraging others to share theirs, and ensuring copy stands out from the crowd
I really appreciate you taking the time to review my application for the position of senior copywriter.
In the previous role, I was responsible for relevant and accurate estimates of development efforts as it relates to copywriting and research.
Please consider my experience and qualifications for this position:
- Creative thinking and great sense of design
- Comfort with fast-paced and multi cultural environments
- Write for various types of marketing communications across several brands, from shopper to digital
- Think conceptually and deliver high-level thinking along with detail-oriented copy assignments
- Familiarity with healthcare regulations
- Deep understanding of the entire digital ecosystem
- Be engaged with the latest digital trends to help inform creative approaches for clients knowledge sharing internally
- Experience managing junior creatives and working closely with art directors and designers
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I would like to submit my application for the senior copywriter opening. Please accept this letter and the attached resume.
In my previous role, I was responsible for constructive feedback to other team members ensuring adherence to standards and in-house styles as well as correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling; clears up confusing and awkward writing; enforces parallel construction; corrects citation errors or omissions; ensures Title IV compliance, and addresses copyright, permissions, and plagiarism issues.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with demonstrated experience in conceptual writing in marketing or advertising, Web, product, brand messaging and promotional copy
- Portfolio containing finished professional pieces conceptual work
- Solid understanding of digital communications and media channels preferred
- Working knowledge of copywriting techniques and standards public relations and audio/video publication
- Has solid conceptual abilities and be a strategic thinker
- Is highly self-motivated and maintains an interest in competitor activities, successful campaigns and new advertising trends and techniques
- Experience in print and e-communication
- Provide quality control to all print and electronic elements
In the previous role, I was responsible for support to end users, providing Adobe Implementation training or custom solution design as needed.
- Creating strategic best-in-class direct mail and email marketing
- Working within a dynamic account-focused organization
- Translating creative ideas into well-developed concepts and copy to meet client objectives
- Concepting and executing for new business automotive opportunities
- Familiarity with creative agencies/professional services is preferred
- Writes and presents concepts and work, well
- A serious pedant when it comes to words and grammar
- Passion for the tech world and good understanding of the cloud industry and B2B buyers and influencers
I am excited to be applying for the position of senior copywriter. Please accept this letter and the attached resume as my interest in this position.
Previously, I was responsible for constructive feedback to other team members ensuring adherence to standards and in-house styles as well as correct use of grammar, punctuation, and spelling; clear up confusing and awkward writing; enforce parallel construction; correct citation errors or omissions; ensure Title IV compliance, address copyright, permissions, and plagiarism issues.
Please consider my qualifications and experience:
- Bi-lingual (native Mandarin and basic English)
- Familiar with standard writing styles
- Experience with industrial or catalog-based copy and product knowledge
- Stays abreast of current trends in creative work produced within the fashion industry
- Self-starter, quick learner, checks own work and creates/follows processes
- Strong, conceptual portfolio showcasing writing style
- Confident using consistent naming conventions and procedures
- Passion for mobile trends
Thank you in advance for reviewing my candidacy for this position.
Related Cover Letters
Create a Resume in Minutes with Professional Resume Templates
Create a Cover Letter and Resume in Minutes with Professional Templates
Create a resume and cover letter in minutes cover letter copied to your clipboard.
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter Examples & Writing Tips
Use these Senior Copywriter cover letter examples and writing tips to help you write a powerful cover letter that will separate you from the competition.
Table Of Contents
- Senior Copywriter Example 1
- Senior Copywriter Example 2
- Senior Copywriter Example 3
- Cover Letter Writing Tips
Senior copywriters are responsible for developing and executing marketing campaigns. They also write and edit copy for a variety of marketing materials, including websites, brochures, and email campaigns.
In order to be successful in this role, you need to be able to think creatively and have a strong understanding of the principles of marketing.
Use these examples and tips to write a cover letter that will help you stand out from the competition.
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter Example 1
I am excited to be applying for the Senior Copywriter position at Topdown Advertising. I have more than 10 years of experience as a copywriter, and I believe my skills and experience would be a valuable addition to your team.
In my previous role at Crunchtime Advertising, I was responsible for developing and writing creative and effective advertising copy for a wide range of clients. I have experience working in a variety of industries, including technology, automotive, and retail, and I have a deep understanding of the principles of effective advertising. I am also proficient in using a variety of software programs, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator, which allows me to create high-quality, visually appealing ads.
Most importantly, I am passionate about writing effective copy that resonates with the target audience. I have a knack for understanding what makes people tick and for finding the right words to communicate a message that will influence their behavior. I am confident that I can produce high-quality, effective ads that will help your company achieve its marketing goals.
Thank you for your time and consideration. I look forward to hearing from you soon with more information about the Senior Copywriter position at Topdown Advertising. I am eager to discuss how my skills and experience can benefit your company.
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter Example 2
I am writing in regards to the open Senior Copywriter position at your company. I am confident that I have the skills, experience, and drive to be a successful member of your team.
I have been working as a copywriter for the past three years and have developed a strong skillset in the field. I have experience with a variety of copywriting styles and mediums, from website copy to print ads to email marketing. I am also well-versed in the art of persuasion, and I know how to craft powerful and effective copy that can drive results.
In addition to my skills and experience, I am also a highly motivated and driven individual. I am always looking for new challenges and opportunities to grow and learn. I am confident that I have the drive and ambition to succeed in this role and exceed your expectations.
I would like to thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter Example 3
I am writing to express my interest in the senior copywriter position that you have available. I believe that my experience and skills make me a perfect fit for this position.
I have been working as a copywriter for the past five years, and I have gained extensive experience in the field. I have worked on projects ranging from brochures to newsletters to advertisements. I have also worked with clients of all sizes, from small businesses to large corporations. My experience has taught me how to work efficiently with clients of all types, and it has also given me the ability to understand their needs and desires.
My experience has also taught me how to write copy that is both informative and engaging. I know how to use words to convey a message, and I know how to make that message interesting enough to capture the attention of readers. I also know how to write copy that is easy to understand, which is an important skill when working with clients who are not native English speakers.
I am confident that my skills and experience would be an asset to your company. I am also confident that I would be able to learn new skills quickly if they are necessary for the job. I am always looking for ways to improve my skills, and I am always willing to put in the effort necessary to succeed at any task that is assigned to me.
I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you in person so we can discuss my qualifications in greater detail. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter Writing Tips
1. show your writing skills.
Employers are looking for a senior copywriter who can write well and has a lot of experience. To show that you have the skills they’re looking for, be sure to highlight your writing experience and examples of your best work.
If you have any awards or recognition for your writing, be sure to mention them in your cover letter. You can also talk about how you enjoy writing and what you like to write about. This will show employers that you have a passion for writing and that you’re excited to do this job.
2. Customize your cover letter
When applying for a job, it’s important to customize your resume and cover letter for each position. This means that you should take the time to read the job description and highlight the skills and experiences that make you the best candidate for the job.
For example, if the job description mentions that they’re looking for someone who is a strategic thinker, be sure to talk about a time when you came up with a creative solution to a problem. If they’re looking for someone with experience in SEO, be sure to mention any projects you’ve worked on where you increased traffic to the website.
3. Show your creativity
Employers are looking for a senior copywriter who can be creative and come up with new ideas. To show that you have the creativity they’re looking for, be sure to highlight a time when you came up with a new idea or campaign that was successful.
You can also talk about how you enjoy working on creative projects and what you like to write about. This will show employers that you have a passion for writing and that you’re excited to do this job.
4. Proofread your cover letter
Hiring managers are looking for reliable, hardworking individuals who are committed to excellence. Provide them with no reasons to doubt you by proofreading your cover letter. If it’s riddled with errors, they will assume you won’t be able to provide high-quality customer service.
Zoologist Cover Letter Examples & Writing Tips
Dental hygiene instructor cover letter examples & writing tips, you may also be interested in..., machinist cover letter examples, assistant professor cover letter examples & writing tips, validation engineer cover letter examples, laborer cover letter examples.
Build my resume
- Resume builder
- Build a better resume in minutes
- Resume examples
- 2,000+ examples that work in 2024
- Resume templates
- 184 free templates for all levels
- Cover letters
- Cover letter generator
- It's like magic, we promise
- Cover letter examples
- Free downloads in Word & Docs
3 Copywriter Cover Letter Examples Standing Out in 2024
- Copywriter Cover Letter
- Copywriter No Experience Cover Letter
- Editor/Copywriter Cover Letter
- Write Your Copywriter Cover Letter
As a copywriter, you’re more than just a wordsmith—you’re a creative strategist with a knack for data analysis. Every piece of copy you create is tailored to match the target audience.
You’ve written countless social media posts, newsletters, blog posts, press releases, and product descriptions, so you know how to convert casual readers into customers. That skill will come in handy when preparing your copywriter resume and complementary cover letter.
We’ve analyzed thousands of job descriptions to determine what can give you the best chance of success. Check out our copywriter cover letter examples and tips to land a new job!
Copywriter Cover Letter Example
USE THIS TEMPLATE
Why this cover letter works
- And instead of just stating that you’re capable, demonstrate it through a narrative of your past experiences, using numbers to validate your claims. For example, perhaps you produced engaging content that increased organic search traffic by 30% quarter after quarter.
Level up your cover letter game
Relax! We’ll do the heavy lifiting to write your cover letter in seconds.
Copywriter No Experience Cover Letter Example
- See how Amir brings up how different social media platforms drive traffic to Amazon. This approach serves a dual purpose: It shows you did your homework on the company and sets the tone for the rest of your piece.
Editor/Copywriter Cover Letter Example
- For instance, you could say you are eager to harness the content optimization techniques and audience engagement strategies you’ve mastered to enhance digital presence and customer interaction at the hiring company. Be sure to specify your goals in alignment with the company’s objectives.
Related cover letter examples
- Copywriter resume
- Social media manager
- Digital marketing
How to Craft the Perfect Copywriter Cover Letter
Writing a copywriter cover letter might seem daunting at first, but it’s actually not too far off from the things you do for a living. It all comes down to identifying the target audience, learning everything about them, and ensuring your cover letter hits all the beats and ticks all the boxes.
Therefore, it’s important to read the job description carefully and certify you’re updating your cover letter to match. Copywriting roles can vary based on the company, ranging from an editor to a blog writer, so make sure your cover letter reflects your enthusiasm for the role and the fact that you know what it’s all about.
Get them on the hook right away with a catchy intro
Just as good ad copy starts with a strong hook, your cover letter needs to do the same. Recruiters won’t cut you any slack here!
For starters, dig into the research and try to find out the name of the person you’re sending your cover letter to so that you can personalize your greeting. If your research is fruitless, settle for a “Dear Hiring Manager” or “Dear [Company] Team.”
With the greeting out of the way, spend some time crafting the perfect opening paragraph. It should explain why you’re the right copywriter for this job, so don’t be shy and mention a key skill of yours that the company seeks, such as SEO optimization. Make a personal connection with the company to seal the deal.
The below opener just doesn’t work. It’s dull, and as a copywriter, showcasing creativity in every paragraph is paramount.
I saw your job listing online and I wanted to apply for this copywriting job.
This is so much better! The candidate instantly gets into why they’re a good fit for the role, and they even use numbers to make their claims pop.
With Amazon registering 58.1% of referrals from YouTube and 12.4% from Facebook, I’m enthusiastic about bringing my skills to Amazon as a social media Intern at your Seattle office. My experience spans content creation, hashtag research, and more, and I’m confident all those elements will help invigorate Amazon’s expansive sphere.
Showcase your effectiveness in the body paragraphs
You know better than anyone that working as a copywriter doesn’t just mean being able to write good copy. Your success is always measured by important metrics, from conversions to open rates, so utilize that for your cover letter.
In the body paragraphs, focus on highlighting the wins you’re most proud of and those that align well with the job description .
You could, for instance, talk about how your content strategy increased web traffic by 40% within 6 months, and how you used tools like SEMRush and Google Analytics to achieve that.
Let’s flip it around and imagine the job you’re applying for strongly focuses on social media. In such instances, mention how you collaborated with the design team using Adobe Creative Suite to craft exciting Instagram posts, increasing social media shares by 39%.
That’s so impressive!
In my recent role as senior copywriter at Phase2, I leveraged my SEO and keyword research knowledge to optimize web content, driving a 12.7% increase in organic search traffic over six months. My proficiency with tools like SEMrush and Google Keyword Planner allowed me to target high-value phrases, significantly improving our content’s discoverability in an increasingly competitive market.
Make them call you with a memorable closer
High-quality copy stays consistent and engaging throughout, and so should your cover letter. The closing paragraph and signoff can help you create a memorable farewell with recruiters picking up the phone to call you right away.
Use this paragraph to emphasize that you’re a good fit. This means researching the company culture and mission and mentioning it to score some brownie points. For instance, if you’re applying to work at a marketing startup, mention how you’re no stranger to that fast-paced and goal-oriented mindset.
Don’t forget to mention your excitement about discussing your copywriting skills further. You can also include a key skill, such as your expertise in brand research, to emphasize what you’ll bring to the role.
This closer is much too generic to impress a recruiter seeking copywriters. It doesn’t show that the candidate did any research.
That didn’t work…
I want an office job and I can start right away so please let me know if you want to hire me.
Now, this is much more impressive. The candidate highlights their experience and what they’re able to bring to the job.
My experiences with Neiman Marcus, Securus Technologies, and EnLink Midstream have allowed me to wield WordPress, personalize content, utilize information architecture, and produce multimedia content effectively. Joining Southwest Airlines’ team would enable me to bring these skills to the forefront, enhancing customer experiences and their interaction with your brand. I’m eager for the opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way.
As a copywriter, you’re no stranger to in-depth research, so put those skills to good use when you write your opener. Check the company website, LinkedIn, and job description , or perhaps even reach out to someone you know who works there before sending your application.
Anything that showcases your ability to craft copy that engages and converts is worth mentioning. Include metrics like increases in organic search rankings or website traffic, social media following, or ROI on marketing campaigns.
There’s a lot of overlap between copywriting and other jobs, such as marketer, content writer, SEO specialist, or brand manager. Try to lean into transferable skills and include examples of your copy to show you’re ready for the job.
How to Write a Copywriter Cover Letter (With Template)
- A cover letter can be the most important element in a job application. Ensuring your profile stands out to recruiters is crucial to your professional success.
- A well-tailored cover letter should provide relevant information clearly and concisely. Focus on detailing your skills and why you are the right person for that specific role.
- The included Copywriter cover letter template provides an easy starting point to craft your own cover letters. Adapt and personalize it to fit your profile.
A well-written cover letter is key to quickly getting the attention of prospective employers. Among countless job seekers, resumes, and application letters, yours need to stand out on first impression if you want to ensure your job search translates to a new role .
In this post, you will discover:
- Reasons why a well-crafted cover letter is key to professional success, from entry-level roles to senior positions
- Cover letter do’s and dont’s
- A Copywriter sample cover letter you can easily adapt and personalize
A well-tailored cover letter : The key to job application success
Ensuring you know how to write a cover letter that is clear, informative, and tailored to the role you are applying to will benefit you in many ways. Well-crafted cover letters have many benefits, which include:
- Showcasing relevance: Tailoring your cover letter allows you to emphasize the most relevant skills, experiences, and achievements that align with the specific job requirements. This immediately captures the attention of the talent acquisition team, recruiters, or human resources reps.
- Demonstrating research: A good cover letter conveys your understanding of the organization's needs and illustrates how you can contribute to its success, signaling to potential employers that you've done your homework.
- Telling your story: Each job application is unique, and a tailored cover letter enables you to craft a personalized narrative. It lets you connect your professional journey with the role's specific challenges and opportunities, making your application more compelling.
- Highlighting cultural fit: Your cover letter allows you to address the company's values, mission, and culture. By aligning your experiences and values with those of the organization, you demonstrate a cultural fit and convey your enthusiasm for being part of the team.
- Addressing specific requirements: Job postings often include specific skills or qualifications the employer is seeking. Tailoring your cover letter enables you to address these requirements directly, showcasing how you possess the desired attributes and can meet the company's expectations.
Cover letter tips
A great cover letter should reflect your professional profile and personality. However, no matter what your cover letter's content is, the tips below will help ensure the message you want to convey is clear and easily accessible to hiring managers.
- Keep it concise: Aim for a cover letter length of 250-400 words. Be succinct in presenting your qualifications and experiences.
- Use a clean layout: Opt for a professional and clean cover letter format with a standard font (e.g., Arial, Calibri, or Times New Roman) and a font size of 10-12 points.
- Include contact information : Provide your contact information at the top of the cover letter, including your name, phone number, and professional email address.
- Use headers and sections: Organize your cover letter into clear sections with headers such as Introduction, Work Experience, and Achievements for easy readability.
- Maintain a professional tone: Keep the tone of your cover letter professional and upbeat. Avoid overly casual language, and focus on showcasing your skills and experiences.
- Use keywords: Incorporate relevant keywords from the Agile Project Manager job description and company website into your cover letter. This can help your application pass through applicant tracking systems (ATS) used by many employers.
- Highlight achievements with bullet points: Use bullet points to list specific accomplishments or notable projects. This makes it easier for the reader to grasp your accomplishments quickly.
- Use quantifiable data: Whenever possible, include quantifiable data to demonstrate the impact of your achievements. Numbers provide concrete evidence of your contributions.
- Match company tone: Adapt your writing style to match the tone of the company and industry. Research the company's culture to strike the right balance between professionalism and personality.
- Showcase company knowledge: Demonstrate your understanding of the company by referencing its values, mission, or recent achievements. Explain why you're excited about the opportunity to work for this specific organization.
- Address employment gaps (if applicable): If you have employment gaps, briefly address them in a positive light, focusing on any skills or experiences gained during those periods.
- Proofread thoroughly: Eliminate typos and grammatical errors by proofreading your cover letter multiple times. Consider using tools like Grammarly to catch any overlooked mistakes and ensure your English (or any language you use) is correct.
- Include a call to action : Conclude your cover letter with a call to action, expressing your enthusiasm for the opportunity and indicating your readiness for an interview.
- Follow submission instructions: If there are specific instructions for submitting the cover letter, such as naming conventions or document formats, ensure that you adhere to them.
- Save as a PDF: Save your cover letter as a PDF before submitting it. This ensures that the formatting remains consistent across different devices and software.
While understanding the correct steps to write a cover letter is crucial to your professional success, knowing what mistakes to avoid is equally important. The best cover letter can easily be made useless by a tiny blunder. Avoid making the mistakes listed below; you will be halfway to your new job.
- Don't use a generic greeting: Avoid generic salutations like "To whom it may concern," “Dear sir or madam, “ or “Dear hiring manager.“ Whenever possible, address the cover letter to a specific person.
- Don't repeat your resume: An effective cover letter should complement your resume, not duplicate it. Focus on specific experiences and achievements that showcase your qualifications for the role.
- Don't exaggerate or lie: Be truthful in your cover letter. Exaggerating your qualifications or providing false information can harm your chances and damage your professional reputation.
- Don't use unprofessional email addresses: Ensure that the email address you use in your contact information is professional. Avoid using nicknames or unprofessional terms.
- Don't include irrelevant information: Keep your cover letter focused on the job. Avoid including unrelated personal details or experiences that do not contribute to your suitability for the role.
- Don't use jargon unnecessarily: While demonstrating your knowledge is essential, avoid unnecessary jargon that may confuse the reader. Use clear and straightforward language.
- Don't sound overly eager: Expressing enthusiasm is positive but can easily feel unauthentic if overdone.
Remember, the goal of a practical cover letter is to present your qualifications in a clear, organized, and compelling manner while adhering to professional standards.
How to structure your Copywriter cover letter
Express your enthusiasm for the Copywriter position at [Company Name]. Share your passion for crafting compelling and persuasive messages, emphasizing your eagerness to contribute to a creative and dynamic copywriting team. If any referrals played a role in your decision to apply, briefly mention them in this section.
About your current role
Highlight your achievements in crafting impactful and compelling copy. Emphasize innovative strategies you've employed to enhance communication and success through your writing. Showcase your role in implementing specific techniques or tools that have yielded measurable outcomes, demonstrating your proficiency in driving positive change through your copy.
Connect your current copywriting responsibilities and projects to the value you would bring to the new role, underscoring your ability to contribute to the company's overall communication strategy.
About your experience
Detail your hands-on experience in leading copywriting efforts, ensuring adherence to established processes and standards, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement. Clearly communicate that your overall writing skills and preparation for the role are solid and well-honed, highlighting any soft or transferable skills developed throughout your career path .
Showcase specific accomplishments that exemplify your skills as a Copywriter. Whether you played a key role in overcoming writing challenges, contributed to the delivery of outstanding results, or helped launch a successful campaign, succinctly mention these achievements. Describe how they were measured and their impact on the team or organization.
Why you want to work there
Highlight specific aspects of the company's reputation, mission, and values that resonate with you as a writer. Convey how these align seamlessly with your professional goals and how you envision contributing to the company's success through your writing. Connect your passion for effective communication with the unique attributes of the company that make it an ideal fit for your career aspirations.
Specific projects or initiatives that motivated you to apply
Demonstrate your thorough understanding of the organization by referencing specific projects or initiatives that have captured your interest. Draw connections between these initiatives and your writing skills and experiences, emphasizing how your contributions align with the company's goals. This shows your genuine interest and highlights your proactive approach to researching and aligning with the company's mission.
Wrap up the letter by reiterating your eagerness to contribute to the company's success through your writing. Express your excitement about the possibility of further discussing how your skills and experiences align with the company's objectives. Encourage the reader to reach out with any questions and sign off with a friendly yet professional salutation.
Copywriter cover letter template
Dear [Hiring Manager’s name],
I am writing to express my interest in the Copywriter position at [Company Name], as advertised. With a passion for storytelling, a flair for creativity, and a proven track record in crafting compelling and impactful copy, I am excited about the opportunity to contribute my writing skills to your team.
About my current role
In my current position as a Copywriter at [Current Company], I have:
- Created engaging and persuasive copy for various platforms, resulting in a [percentage] increase in audience engagement and brand visibility.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop creative concepts and messaging that resonate with target audiences, contributing to a [percentage] improvement in campaign effectiveness.
- Adapted my writing style to fit the brand voice and tone, ensuring consistency across various marketing channels.
About my Copywriter experience
My experience extends to:
- Crafting copy for diverse mediums, including web content, social media, email campaigns, and print materials.
- Conducting thorough research to understand target audiences and market trends, resulting in [measurable outcome] improvements in message effectiveness.
- Editing and proofreading content to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to brand guidelines.
Some of my notable achievements include:
- Developing a creative and memorable tagline for [specific campaign or brand], contributing to a [measurable outcome] increase in brand recall.
- Writing copy for a product launch that resulted in a [percentage] boost in sales within the first month.
- Contributing to the development of a content strategy that increased website traffic by [percentage] over a quarter.
Why I want to work for [Company]
I am particularly drawn to [Company Name] due to its reputation for [mention aspects unique to the company and are a core part of its mission and values such as commitment to creativity, innovation in the industry, dedication to quality,...]. I am excited to contribute my writing skills and creativity to help your organization achieve its communication goals.
Specific projects or initiatives of [Company] that motivated me to apply
In researching [Company Name], I was impressed by your recent initiatives in [specific project or achievement]. I believe my background in copywriting aligns seamlessly with your organizational objectives. My passion for crafting compelling narratives and my commitment to delivering high-quality content would make me a valuable addition to your team.
Thank you for considering my application. I am eager to further discuss how my skills and experiences align with the Copywriter role at [Company Name]. I look forward to the possibility of contributing to your team's success.
[Your Full Name]
Get your career rolling with Deel
Your job application is your chance to tell your professional story, and a well-tailored cover letter is your narrative's opening chapter. Remember that personalization is key. Make each word count, emphasizing how your background uniquely positions you as the ideal candidate, and get your dream job.
Looking for even more inspiration? Discover how to write a stellar cover letter in 5 steps .
Discover more tips and tools to help boost your career further and climb the steps to your dream job on the get-hired content hub .
Deel makes growing remote and international teams effortless. Ready to get started?
- Hire Employees
- Hire Contractors
- Run Global Payroll
- For Finance Teams
- For Legal Teams
- For Hiring Managers
- Deel Solutions - Spain
- Deel Solutions - France
- Support hub
- Global Hiring Guide
- Partner Program
- Case Studies
- Service Status
- Worker Community
- Terms of Service
- Whistleblower Policy
- Cookie Settings
Copywriter cover letter examples
You literally write for a living, so why does it feel so hard to produce a creative and engaging cover letter that’s going to showcase your skills?
Well, don’t be too hard on yourself, writing applications is tough, particularly when you really want the job. So let us help.
Check out our handy tips for writing a standout application, along with our copywriter cover letter examples to guide you.
Copywriter cover letter example 1
Copywriter cover letter example 2
Copywriter cover letter example 3
The Copywriter cover letter examples above should give you a good idea of the type of content you need to include in your own cover letter, and how it should be structured.
But if you’re really looking to wow recruiters and get your CV in front of the very best employers, then check out our guidance on how to write your own effective cover letter below.
How to write a Copywriter cover letter
A simple step-by-step guide to writing your very own winning cover letter.
Write your cover letter in the body of an email/message
When writing your Copywriter cover letter, it’s best to type the content into the body of your email (or the job site messaging system) and not to attach the cover letter as a separate document.
This ensures that your cover letter gets seen as soon as a recruiter or employer opens your message.
If you attach the cover letter as a document, you’re making the reader go through an unnecessary step of opening the document before reading it.
If it’s in the body of the message itself, it will be seen instantly, which hugely increases the chances of it being read.
Start with a friendly greeting
To kick your cover letter off, start with a friendly greeting to build rapport with the recruiter instantly.
Your greeting should be personable but professional. Not too casual, but not too formal either
Go with something like…
- Hi [insert recruiter name]
- Hi [insert department/team name]
Avoid old-fashioned greetings like “Dear sir/madam ” unless applying to very formal companies.
How to find the contact’s name?
Addressing the recruitment contact by name is an excellent way to start building a strong relationship. If it is not listed in the job advert, try these methods to find it.
- Check out the company website and look at their About page. If you see a hiring manager, HR person or internal recruiter, use their name. You could also try to figure out who would be your manager in the role and use their name.
- Head to LinkedIn , search for the company and scan through the list of employees. Most professionals are on LinkedIn these days, so this is a good bet.
Identify the role you are applying for
After you have greeted the recruiter, it’s important to state the job you are applying to.
Recruiters are often managing multiple vacancies, so they need to know exactly which job you are referring to.
Be as specific as possible and use a reference number if you can find one.
Here are some examples you can use;
- I am interested in applying for the role of admin assistant with your organisation.
- I would like to apply for the role of Sales assistant (Ref: 4057393)
- I would like to express my interest in the customer service vacancy within your retail department
- I saw your advertisement for a trainee project manager on Reed and would like to apply for the role.
See also: CV examples – how to write a CV – CV profiles
Highlight your suitability
The bulk of your cover letter should be focused around highlighting your suitability for the job you are applying to.
Doing this will show the recruiter that you are suitable candidate and encourage them to open your CV.
The best way to do this, is by studying the job advert you are applying to, and find out what the most important skills and knowledge are.
Once you know the most important requirements, you then need to highlight your matching skills to the recruiter. In a few sentences, tell them exactly why you are a good fit for the job and what you can offer the company.
Keep it short and sharp
When sending a job application to a recruiter or hiring manager, it is important to remember that they will normally be very busy and pushed for time.
Therefore, you need to get you message across to them quickly (in a matter of seconds ideally). So, keep your cover letter short and to-the-point. A long waffling cover letter will overwhelm recruiters when they are running through hundreds of emails in there inbox, but a concise one will get their attention.
So, keep your cover letter to just a few sentences long, and save the extensive detail for your CV.
Sign off professionally
To finish off your cover note, add a professional signature to the bottom, stating your important contact details and information.
This not only provides recruiters with multiple means of contacting you, but it also adds a nice professional appearance to the cover letter, which shows that you know how to conduct yourself in the workplace.
Include the following points;
- A friendly sign off – e.g. “Warm regards”
- Your full name
- Phone number (one you can answer quickly)
- Email address
- Profession title
- Professional social network – e.g. LinkedIn
Here is an example signature;
Aaron Smith Customer service professional 075557437373 [email protected] LinkedIn
Quick tip : To save yourself from having to write your signature every time you send a job application, you can save it within your email drafts, or on a separate document that you could copy in.
What to include in your Copywriter cover letter
Your Copywriter cover letter will be unique to your situation, but there are certain content guidelines you should stick to for best results.
To attract and entice recruiters, stick with the following key subjects in your cover letter – adapting them to fit your profession and target jobs.
- Your professional experience – Employers will be keen to know if your experience is suitable for the job you are applying to, so provide a good summary of it in your cover letter.
- Your qualifications and education – Highlight your most relevant and high-level of qualification, especially if they are essential to the job.
- The positive impact you have made – Employers love to hear about the benefits you can bring to them, so shout about anything impressive you have done, such as saving money or improving processes.
- Your reasons for leaving – Use a few words of your cover letter to explain why you are leaving your current job and ensure you avoid any negative reasons.
- Your availability – Let recruiters know when you can start a new job . Are you immediately available, or do you have a month notice period?
Copywriter cover letter templates
Copy and paste these Copywriter cover letter templates to get a head start on your own.
I hope this email finds you well.
I would like to submit my application for the Junior Copywriter role at Flax Furnishings, as advertised on your website. With a 1st Class BA in English and a passion for crafting compelling content, I am confident in my ability to elevate your marketing efforts.
During my 12-month internship at Clark & Co, I created engaging copy for diverse channels like websites, blogs, social media, and digital ads and ran an email campaign that contributed to a 15% increase in click-through rates. My keen eye for detail ensured impeccable proofreading and adherence to brand guidelines, contributing to a portfolio of 150,000+ satisfied customers. Staying updated on industry trends and emerging technologies, I infuse fresh ideas into content strategies whilst optimising content for multi-channel marketing with proficiency in SEO and adaptable writing styles.
I am available for an interview at your earliest convenience and look forward to contributing to your vision at Flax Furnishings.
All the best,
Steven Taylor ¦ 07777777777 ¦ [email protected]
I hope all is well.
I am thrilled to submit my application for the Copywriter role at NSPCC. With 7+ years of professional experience in copy writing and an impressive portfolio, I believe I am the ideal candidate for this role.
Throughout my career, I have excelled in crafting compelling copy for diverse clients, including Amnesty International and Help for Heroes. My ability to write to brief, conduct in-depth research, and excel in interviews has resulted in impactful Not-For-Profit campaigns and accolades like the ‘Impact Award.’
As a member of Amnesty International’s Copywriter team, I achieved the highest article engagement rates and contributed to a 14% increase in public engagement. I am eager to bring my creative talents and dedication to your team, supported by an MA in Copywriting from UCL.
I am available for an interview at your convenience and look forward to discussing how my expertise can benefit your organisation. Thank you for considering my application.
Geoffrey Simmons ¦ 07777777777 ¦ [email protected]
I am writing to formally submit my application for the Senior Copywriter vacancy at FS Finance. With 18 years of experience in writing marketing copy and supporting brand agendas for leading companies in the finance sector, I believe I can contribute to the company’s vision of making credit work better for all.
In my current role at Monzo Bank, I spearheaded a content marketing campaign that resulted in a 30% increase in website traffic and a 20% boost in customer engagement. At View Agency, I collaborated with cross-functional teams to develop and execute successful multi-channel campaigns for top-tier clients, resulting in industry recognition and increased client satisfaction. My creativity and keen eye for detail allow me to craft stand-out copy that resonates with audiences and delivers impactful results. For instance, my work on the launch of a new pension product at General Insurance led to a 15% increase in product sales within the first quarter.
With a proven track record of presenting ideas to senior managers and excellent stakeholder management skills, I am confident in my ability to contribute to FS Finance’s success. I am available for an interview at your convenience.
Caleb Haruna ¦ 07777777777 ¦ [email protected]
Writing an impressive cover letter is a crucial step in landing a Copywriter job, so taking the time to perfect it is well worth while.
By following the tips and examples above you will be able to create an eye-catching cover letter that will wow recruiters and ensure your CV gets read – leading to more job interviews for you.
Good luck with your job search!
Professional Copywriter Cover Letter Example for 2024
Read for inspiration or use it as a base to improve your own Copywriter cover letter. Just replace personal information, company application data and achievements with your own.
Make your copywriter cover letter stand out
By now you’ve probably learned that a well-written cover letter will complement your resume and increase your chances of getting the job.
It will also introduce the recruiter to your strengths and your capacity to handle challenges.
In short - it will make them want to learn more about you!
Check out our guide on what your cover letter should include for some additional inspiration.
Now it’s time to move on to what you actually came for – our professional tips and examples that will help you write a memorable cover letter and land an interview.
How to choose the most suitable salutation and make a good impression
In general, the salutation you use depends on the tone of voice you’ve decided to go for but also on the company culture.
However, it’s always a good idea to address your letter to the person responsible for the recruitment process. If you don’t know their name, try to find it out. And only if that proves to be impossible, choose a generic salutation.
Here are some phrases you can use (note that some of them require you to know the hiring manager's name):
- Dear [company name] Recruiter,
- Dear Mr./Ms. Smith,
- Dear Hiring Manager,
- To the [team you're applying for] Team
The introduction of your Copywriter cover letter is without a doubt crucial for the first impression you’ll make as an applicant. But is there a way to make sure your opening line is good enough?
Yes, there is. You can start by sharing your enthusiasm for the job or the field (or why not both!). You could also share your reasons to find the company exciting.
Try to be original. Don’t go for phrases like “I want to apply for the position that I saw advertised on platform X”. They're outdated and sound like you’ve got nothing better to say
Link your copywriter soft and hard skills to your achievements
When it comes to listing skills on a cover letter, there’s only one thing that could be said about it – do it in a well thought out way!
We mean, don’t just plainly list all your skills on your cover letter. Instead, link them to achievements and goals. Share how your expertise can add value to the team. Maybe even tell a personal story. It’s up to you.
Just make sure to include both soft and hard skills – especially the ones listed in the requirements section of the job advert. This will help you pass applicant tracking systems that screen documents for certain keywords.
Show that you did your research before applying
Having a paragraph that shows you’re aware of the company and the issues it faces is always a good idea. It proves your enthusiasm to join the team and makes a great impression.
For bonus points, you could also share how some of your strengths could help resolve company or even industry problems.
End on a positive note
While a strong introduction makes a great first impression, a confident, yet considerate conclusion is essentially what will get you a callback.
There are different ways to end your cover letter. But remember – the closing line you choose should match the company culture.
Your safest bet would be going for traditional phrases like “Looking forward to hearing from you” or “Looking forward to your reply”. For bonus points, add a simple “Thank you for your time and consideration”.
Cover letter examples by industry
- Brand Ambassador
- Creative Marketing
- Industrial Design
- Marketing Intern
- Web Designer
- Marketing Assistant
- Market Research
- Marketing Manager
- Production Assistant
- Social Media Coordinator
- Ux Designer
- Content Marketing
- Content Strategist
- Email Marketing
- Digital Marketing Specialist
- Freelance Writer
- Instructional Designer
- Marketing Associate
- Video Editor
- Social Media Intern
- Ui Designer
- Brand Manager
- Digital Marketing Analyst
- Digital Marketing Executive
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Grant Writer
- Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing Specialist
- Ui Developer
- Seo Manager
- Creative Director
- Ppc Specialist
- Public Relations Specialist
- Seo Specialist
- Chief Marketing Officer
- Content Writer
- Digital Marketing
- Ecommerce Marketing
- Event Director
- Lead Generation
- Market Analyst
- Design Engineer
- Marketing Director
- Director Of Communications
- Product Marketing Manager
- Senior Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Social Media Specialist
- Digital Marketing Intern
- Growth Marketing
- Marketing Executive
- Technical Writer
- Social Media Marketing
- Freelance Translator
- Digital Marketing Consultant
- Business Manager
Cover letters helped people get noticed
Updated for today’s recruitment standards
Worried your cover letter design is past the expiration date? We’ll help you craft a new one that leaves an impression and beats luck.
Senior customer support engineer.
" Enhancv gave me a sense of relief and a feeling of confidence when passing it along to a potential employer. "
Daniel Pietersen on using Enhancv
Check out more winning cover letter examples for inspiration
Learn from people who have succeeded in their job hunt.
- Customer Success Manager Cover Letter
- Business Consultant Cover Letter
- Case Manager Cover Letter
- Management Consultant Cover Letter
- Desktop Support Cover Letter
- Accounts Payable Cover Letter
- Prep Cook Cover Letter
- Social Media Specialist Cover Letter
- Cco Cover Letter
- Welder Cover Letter
- Sales Engineer Cover Letter
- Network Security Engineer Cover Letter
Land a job interview by pairing your Copywriter cover letter with a great resume
If you want to make sure that the hiring manager will remember you, pair your cover letter with a matching resume.
Check out our Copywriter resume examples and job-winning templates for some additional inspiration.
8 Persuasion Techniques to Change Anyone’s Mind
How Do You Say Friendly On A Resume
Can I Handwrite My Resume
Robert scored a point against autism and found a job thanks to Enhancv
15 Surefire Signs That Your Job Interview Was a Success [Plus 7 Signs of a Bad Interview]
- Create Resume
- Terms of Service
- Cookie Preferences
- Resume Examples
- Resume Templates
- AI Resume Builder
- Resume Formats
- Resume Checker
- Resume Skills
- How to Write a Resume
- Modern Resume Templates
- Simple Resume Templates
- Cover Letter Builder
- Cover Letter Examples
- Cover Letter Templates
- Cover Letter Formats
- How to Write a Cover Letter
- Resume Guides
- Cover Letter Guides
- Job Interview Guides
- Job Interview Questions
- Career Resources
- Meet our customers
- Career resources
- English (UK)
- French (FR)
- German (DE)
- Spanish (ES)
- Swedish (SE)
© 2024 . All rights reserved.
Made with love by people who care.
15 Copywriter Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
Are you are looking to write a cover letter for Copywriter jobs that will impress recruiters and get you noticed by hiring managers? You need one to apply for a job, but you don’t know what to say.
A cover letter is an important document that introduces you to your potential employer. The letter should be thoughtful and engaging, tailored to the specific requirements of the job for which you are applying. It should not contain personal information about your life, but be strictly focused on why you feel you are qualified for the position. This letter is usually attached to your resume and is included in the initial round of contact with a company or institution.
Here are 15 amazing Copywriter cover letters that are professionally written and will help you stand out and get that job!
Copywriter Cover Letters
Each cover letter is written with a different focus. Review all of them and pick the ones that apply to your situation. Take inspiration from multiple samples and combine them to craft your unique cover letter.
Copywriter Sample 1
I hope this email finds you well. I am interested in the Copywriter position you recently posted to Indeed. I am a writer by trade and feel that my writing skills would be an asset to your company. My work is both professional and results-driven. If you like what you see, please feel free to contact me at _____@______.com or call me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx to discuss further details about the opportunity and how it could best suit my skillset.
Copywriter Sample 2
I am writing in response to your request for an experienced copywriter. With over five years of experience, I have developed my Copywriting skills across many different industries. From implementing marketing strategies and generating leads to creating content and managing social media channels, I’ve gained a wide range of knowledge that can help you maximize your potential success.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions at (123) 555-1234 or email at [email protected]
Copywriter Sample 3
Dear ____, I am writing to express my interest in your Copywriter position. I have over 15 years of experience writing concise copy for various industries and can work quickly, efficiently, and independently. My current position is as an Associate Content Writer at _______. I’m pleased to offer you my qualifications as well as examples of my work to see if they match the requirements of your opening. If you would like more information or want to schedule an interview, please contact me via email or phone at _________ (phone number). Thank you for considering me for this opportunity. Sincerely,
Copywriter Sample 4
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am a dynamic Copywriter with over five years of marketing and advertising experience. My copy has helped clients such as ________ and ________ to grow exponentially since I joined the team. My skills include: I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Copywriter Sample 5
I am a copywriter with over 5 years of experience in the field. I have ample knowledge of grammar rules and flow. I am experienced in managing my time effectively with deadlines, and have substantial knowledge in graphic design, writing website content, SEO research etc. so I can handle any challenge you throw at me.
Copywriter Sample 6
I am writing this letter to express my interest in the Copywriter position. I am a recent graduate with a degree in Journalism and Communications which has given me experience in copywriting and journalism. I would love to work with you and your team, and hope that we can schedule an interview soon.
Copywriter Sample 7
Dear Sir/Madam: I am a copywriter with significant experience in crafting content for webpages, brochures, and emails. I excel in all aspects of this job and am confident that my skills can add value to your business. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Copywriter Sample 8
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am a creative and passionate copywriter with excellent writing skills. I am looking for a position as Copywriter where I can use my creative talents to drive business and revenue. My marketing skills are well rounded, as I have experience in both digital and traditional marketing. Together with my people skills, this has allowed me to form successful relationships with coworkers and clients alike. Please consider my qualifications and feel free to contact me at your convenience. Thank you for your time!
Copywriter Sample 9
Hello, I am writing to apply for the Copywriter position. I am very interested in this role because it is a great fit with my skills and background. I would like to show you my qualifications, specifically – My experience as a Copywriter for three years – My experience as an Account Executive for two years – My Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature If you hire me, I can provide excellent customer service and write copy that will resonate with your target audience. Please let me know if you need any more information or references before making your decision. Thank you!
Copywriter Sample 10
I am a Copywriter with over six years of experience in all aspects of copywriting, from concepting to execution. From television and radio ads to print and digital marketing collateral, I’ve got you covered. My attention to detail and ability to transform complex ideas into simple yet effective messages will help your company grow and excel. These skills have helped me increase brand awareness while generating $1 million in annual revenue for the last three years consecutively. As the Copywriter for your company, I will create compelling content that resonates with your audience by understanding their needs and delivering relevant solutions.
Copywriter Sample 11
I am writing to apply for the part-time Copywriter position you advertised on LinkedIn. My skills as a writer equip me to fill this role as I am able to provide high quality content with an eye for detail. I have a strong work ethic and am great at following directions. As a freelance writer, I’ve managed many projects and learned how to work independently and collaborate with others in group settings. For more information about my qualifications and experience, please see my resume attached below or visit my website www.linkedin/jennycarroll
Copywriter Sample 12
I am interested in applying for the Copywriter position. I have a strong background as a copywriter, having been one for over five years, and I feel that my experience would be an asset to your team. In my free time, I enjoy being creative and working on projects of all sorts. You can view samples of my work on my portfolio website at www.johnqpublic123456.com . If you have any questions or want to set up a meeting, please contact me at [email protected] . Thank you very much for your time and consideration!
Copywriter Sample 13
Dear _________________, I am very interested in the Copywriter position that you are currently hiring for. I believe my strong skills in writing and researching would be an asset to your organization. I am confident that I would be able to produce high quality copy with urgency and accuracy. Please let me know if you have any questions or need further information about my qualifications. Thank you for your consideration.
Copywriter Sample 14
Dear James, Your job posting for a copywriter caught my eye. I have been a freelance writer for over 10 years and am skilled at advertising campaigns, direct mail campaigns, publishing proposals, website content and more. I have a bachelor’s degree in Business Management from the University of Michigan and am skilled at writing everything from product descriptions to marketing proposals. I’m confident that your company will be happy with my work as a copywriter and would love the opportunity to provide you with samples of my past work so you can see firsthand what I have done in the past. Yours truly, John Smith
Copywriter Sample 15
To Whom it may concern, I am writing in regards to the open Copywriter position. I would like to submit my qualifications and interest in this position for your consideration. I am an experienced copywriter with 10 years of experience in the field, including five years of successful freelancing. My background includes experience in writing for print and digital mediums; written content development; writing proposals; SEO optimization; copyediting for grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization errors (proofreading); editing other writers’ work (editing); TV/video scripts (scriptwriting). My resume is attached for your review. Thank you very much!
Recruiters and hiring managers receive hundreds of applications for each job opening.
Use the above professionally written Copywriter cover letter samples to learn how to write a cover letter that will catch their attention and customize it for your specific situation.
- 15 Kennel Assistant Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 Maintenance Worker Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 Research Scientist Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 Accountant Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 School Secretary Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 IT Intern Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 Event Manager Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 Park Ranger Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 Preschool Teacher Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
- 15 Graduate Teaching Assistant Cover Letters That Will Get Hired (NOW)
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Copywriter Cover Letter Example
A Copywriter is responsible for creating both online and offline content material to attract the target audience. He collaborates with the design team, marketing team, and social media team to promote the brand.
Use our sample Copywriter Cover Letter and personalize it using our professional writing tips. Looking for a shortcut? Use our proprietary cover letter generator to draft the perfect cover letter within minutes.
- Cover Letters
- Media & Journalism
What to Include in a Copywriter Cover Letter?
Roles and responsibilities.
Some of the typical day-to-day activities of a Copywriter include creating marketing material such as brochures, slogans, scripts, and slogans. He also writes press releases , prepares presentations, and fulfills other miscellaneous content marketing requirements.
- Write copy for a variety of media including social, print, video, and online.
- Edit and proofread work to ensure high editorial standards are met across all content outputs.
- Collaborate with creative, product, marketing, and legal to assess project needs and help with messaging.
- Drive brand consistency across all company communications.
- Develop and implement brand guidelines.
- Stay current on trends and competitors within the editorial sphere.
Education & Skills
Additionally, cover letters for Content Manager should mention the following skills :
- Impeccable writing and proofreading skills.
- Marketing skills.
- Good research skills.
- Data visualization.
- Basic knowledge of designing tools.
- An eye for detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Successful cover letters for Copywriter often mention the following qualification(s):
- A Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, or Journalism field.
Copywriter Cover Letter Example (Text Version)
This is in regards to my job interest for the position of Copywriter at [XXX Company]. With a background in journalism and over 2 years of experience in writing content for marketing materials, I believe that I am the ideal candidate for this role.
[XXX Company] is regarded highly for manufacturing and supplying home appliances at the most affordable prices. Within a short span of time, it has created a loyal customer base. It would be an honor to be a part of your company.
In my 2 years of experience working in [YYY Company], I got sufficient exposure to different styles of writing. I understand the target audience and am adept at creating content to grab their attention. My responsibilities at my current company include:
- Working with the design team to create brochures and other offline marketing material.
- Working with the social media team in writing content to be posted on social media sites.
- Creating taglines, slogans, and other catchphrases.
- Creating scripts for promotional videos.
- Creating press releases, presentations, and drafting emails to be sent to the stakeholders.
- Coming up with new ideas to promote the brand.
I have a proven track record of implementing new promotional strategies to attract more customers. In collaboration with the social media team, I was able to build a loyal customer base. I believe that my skillset and expertise make me an ideal candidate for this role.
I am looking forward to meeting you in person and discussing my qualifications in detail. Thank you for your time and patience.
Sincerely, [Your Name]
Your Copywriter cover letter should express your passion for the job. It should help the recruiter understand that you have a creative mindset. As the job involves writing error-free content, your cover letter should be very intriguing. Feel free to check out our Copywriter Resume Sample if you are looking for ideas on how to create a good resume.
Customize Copywriter Cover Letter
Get hired faster with our free cover letter template designed to land you the perfect position.
Related Media & Journalism Cover Letters
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter: 4 Templates
You must know exactly how to present your writing skills at the senior level. You should share what type of articles and blogs you specialize in writing. It must be your excellent academic background and experience to help you apply for this important post.
You can take references from this particular letter template to use the method of writing the application letter. You will not have to spend any extra time writing it down.
Letter Template: 1
Table of Contents
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter
[Mention name of Hiring manager]
[Mention name of the company]
[Mention address of the company]
Dear [Mr. /Mrs. /Ms.] [Manager’s name]
With due respect here, I would like to share my interest in the job position of a senior copywriter, which was recently posted on your official website.
After completing my study, I am continuously searching for such a position, and after getting your posted job here, I now give my application for this position.
And I am too much confident that my educational qualifications, skills, and experiences can help me stand out from the crowd of others’ applications and make me a strong candidate for this position.
Now I am in the age of [ mention age] and give my full dedication to creating a nicely oriented, well-skilled, and self-motivated personality for my future growth. I completed my study in the year of [ mention year] and with the field of [ mention field] from the reputed institute [ mention name of the institute].
And after completion of my study, I joined different organizations with various positions, and so during my whole professional life, Table achieved many skills and experiences like excellent writing and editing skills, article publishing skills, and experience with Content Management Systems.
Ability to write creative copy for large pieces of content (e.g., product descriptions) and smaller texts (e.g., social media posts), solid time-management skills, and keyword search knowledge.
Now I assure you that if I am selected for this position as a senior copywriter in your organization, I will maintain the duties like conducting proper research on industry-related topics and identifying gaps in our content, writing original copy for ads and social networks, creating and publish articles that describe our company and products, edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by others junior member, use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility,
Timely discuss with Designers to enrich the text with visual aids, like images and charts, shape the language and tone used in sales emails, banners, and brochures, create and oversee reports on content (e.g., weekly or monthly), interview clients, industry experts, and internal teams, ensure all content is up-to-date, monitor the metrics related to our content, like web traffic and conversion rates.
I think this detailed explanation of my educational background, skills, and experiences is too much help for you to shortlist me from the other’s candidates.
I am eagerly waiting for your response to my application and request you to accept my candidature for this position as a senior copywriter in your reputed organization.
[Mention your name]
[Mention your address]
[Mention your contact details]
Download Template : ( pdf, docs, ODT, RTF, txt, HTML, Epub, Etc )
Letter Template: 2
[Mention name of hiring manager]
Dear [Mr. /Mrs. /Ms.] [Manager’s name],
I am delighted to find the information about the vacancy for the post of senior copywriter in your esteemed organization which is running for nearly [mention time span] years. It is a company where more than [mention number of employees] +are employed and working together as a team. I do believe that I will definitely make a difference in your company with my content development skills.
I had viewed the advertisement for the post of senior copywriter and decided to apply immediately after a long time search on various platforms for a suitable job.
I would like to explain in this application letter for why I am interested to apply for this respective post. I have an excellent academic background and I do possess long term experience and skills to achieve my goals in creative writing.
Right now, I am in my late 20’s and will be completing [mention age] by [mention month]/next month. In the journey of professional experience for [mention the time span] years,
I have become self-driven, focused, and organized and gained the skills of communicating with the members of the company and the clients and using my leadership skills for leading the team.
I had completed my graduation with a specialization in [mention specialization name] from [mention university name] and scored above [mention percent] %.
I had also learnt content development skills from [mention the institute] which are actually a private training institute.
After that, I applied in [mention the first company name] as an intern in the department of digital advertising. I was reporting to [mention the manager’s name]. I learnt the techniques for developing content based on the issues dealt by the company and also for the promotion of the products online.
Later on, I worked as a full-time copywriter for a period of [mention time span] years. I do believe that I have sufficient experience, knowledge and skills to apply for the post of senior copywriter.
I do expect to be called for the interview.
Letter Template: 3
I choose to apply for the position of senior copywriter in [mention the company name] which is one of the prestigious companies of US. I am confident that I will definitely excel in your company in this respective post. Copywriting has been the field that I had always preferred to do.
I do have confidence in my qualification and skills to bear the workload of developing unique content with ease and increase the productivity of [mention organization name].
You will find the information about my qualification and experience in detail in the resume attached.
I had flair of writing ever since my childhood days. I got awarded for writing best essays and stories in the school magazines. As I was doing my graduation at [mention the college name] from [mention university name],
I had started writing news and updates for the college newspaper and also editing its content. I had been also appreciated for developing and editing content for the college magazine.
I had been batch topper at this college where I had scored above [mention percent] %.
I had then stepped in to the professional field of writing and explored through different industries with my knowledge and skills in writing educational, social and political topics. Even I had news and articles related to films and the entertainment industry. You will find the details in my resume about my achievements.
I had first selected in the position of intern in [mention the first company name] and I excelled in the responsibilities of copy editing and writing. After a period of [mention timespan] of internship, I had started working as a copywriter in [mention hours] of shift.
Ever since then, I had been successfully performing my duties for developing articles, blogs and classifieds for various clients of the company.
I do believe that I will be the right candidate for [mention company name]. I will definitely follow the terms and conditions of your company.
I will be waiting for your reply. You can either inform me by calling on [mention contact number] or [mention email id].
Letter Template: 4
I do believe in my writing skills and so I do have effective oral communication and deep researching skills. So, I wish to apply for the position of senior copywriter in your prestigious organization. I am confident that I will be a perfect match for the company’s objectives and aims.
I have the potency to resolve any problem and achieve any target. Since I have checked the information about the vacancy for the position of senior copywriter on [mention date], I have developed an intense desire to give the best for your company.
I am sure that I will be associating with the best team members where I will be able to nurture talent under the guidance of the best leaders. I also know that I will also get the opportunity to work with offshore clients.
As I had been in a professional journey of [ mention time span] years, I had not only gained experience in writing on different subjects but I also got in touch with different business development managers and learnt the ways of operating any business with my writing skills.
Initially, I had joined [mention the first company name] as a junior copywriter. I had been able to successfully meet the requirements of the clients of the company by developing unique articles, blogs and press releases.
I had also developed the skills of editing the content written by other copywriters. Later on, I just worked for another company where I was writing content for different websites built by the web designers of the firm.
I was also giving guidelines for drafting any official letter. In fact, I had been responsible for editing the content in the official letter before sending it to the client.
Before gaining expertise in content development, I was a student of [mention college name] which is affiliated to [mention university name]. I had completed [name of degree] over there with a score above [mention percent] %.
I am sure that I will be the best candidate for your company in the field of senior copywriting with my long term experience and qualification as discussed above.
You can call me or mail me for the interview timings as per your convenience.
- Copywriter Cover Letter Example: 4 Templates
- Content Editor Cover Letter: 6 Templates
- Fashion Copywriter Cover Letter: 4 Templates
- Social Media Copywriter Cover Letter Templates
- How To Write a Cover Letter With No Experience: 82 Templates
- Creative copywriter cover letter: 4 Templates
- Content Writer Cover Letter Examples: 4 Templates
- Content Strategist Cover Letter: 4 Templates
- Senior Copywriter Appointment Letter Template
- Social Media Copywriter Appointment Letter: 4 Templates
“Business, marketing, and blogging – these three words describe me the best. I am the founder of Burban Branding and Media, and a self-taught marketer with 10 years of experience. My passion lies in helping startups enhance their business through marketing, HR, leadership, and finance. I am on a mission to assist businesses in achieving their goals.”
3 junior copywriter cover letters.
Approved by real hiring managers, these Junior Copywriter cover letters have been proven to get people hired in 2024. A hiring manager explains why.
Table of contents
- Junior Copywriter
- Senior Copywriter
- Alternative introductions for your cover letter
- Junior Copywriter resume examples
Junior Copywriter Cover Letter Example
Why this cover letter works in 2024, company connection.
Showing genuine admiration for the company and its values makes the cover letter feel more personal and demonstrates that you've done your research.
Using specific numbers to showcase your accomplishments helps to illustrate the impact you've had in previous roles and what you can bring to the new company.
Adaptable Writing Style
Highlighting a unique skill, like the ability to adapt your writing style to different mediums, sets you apart from other candidates and demonstrates your versatility.
When you're able to put hard numbers against your achievements, like you did here with a 20% increase in engagement rates, it gives me a concrete idea of the impact you've made. It shows me you measure your success and know how your work contributes to the wider goals of the company.
Showcase your relevant skills
Highlighting your ability to craft engaging narratives and your attention to detail directly tells me why you're fit for a Junior Copywriter role. It's clear, concise, and gives me a snapshot of your skills in relation to what we're looking for.
Passion for the Role
Sharing what excites you about the role gives your application a personal touch. I can tell you've thought about how you can contribute, not just what you can gain. It shows you're genuinely interested in crafting inspiring and educational stories, which is crucial for a copywriting role.
Senior Copywriter Cover Letter Example
Highlighting leadership and results.
Showing that you've led a team and achieved a 30% increase in engagement rates under your leadership is great. It demonstrates that you can direct a team towards achieving tangible results, which is especially important for a Senior Copywriter position.
Expressing Role-Specific Competencies
Emphasizing your ability to inspire others and your successful history of creating compelling narratives hits the mark. It tells me directly that you possess the exact skills we need for our team. It's concise, to the point, and shows that you understand what's expected in a leadership role.
Communicating your Drive
Expressing your attraction to the role as an opportunity to captivate audiences and inspire a love for literature shows me you're driven by the impact of your work. You're not just looking for any role; you're looking for a role where you can make a difference through your passion for words. I love that.
If you're struggling to start your cover letter, here are 6 different variations that have worked for others, along with why they worked. Use them as inspiration for your introductory paragraph.
Cover Letters For Jobs Similar To Junior Copywriter Roles
- Advertising Copywriter Cover Letter Guide
- Copywriter Cover Letter Guide
- Creative Copywriter Cover Letter Guide
- Digital Copywriter Cover Letter Guide
- Entry-Level Copywriter Cover Letter Guide
- Freelance Copywriter Cover Letter Guide
- Junior Copywriter Cover Letter Guide
- Senior Copywriter Cover Letter Guide
Other Sales Cover Letters
- Account Executive Cover Letter Guide
- Account Manager Cover Letter Guide
- Buyer Cover Letter Guide
- Director of Sales Cover Letter Guide
- Engagement Manager Cover Letter Guide
- Hotel Manager Cover Letter Guide
- Inside Sales Representative Cover Letter Guide
- Operations Manager Cover Letter Guide
- Real Estate Agent Cover Letter Guide
- Relationship Manager Cover Letter Guide
- Sales Associate Cover Letter Guide
- Sales Coordinator Cover Letter Guide
- Sales Engineer Cover Letter Guide
- Sales Executive Cover Letter Guide
- Sales Leader Cover Letter Guide
- Sales Manager Cover Letter Guide
Thank you for the checklist! I realized I was making so many mistakes on my resume that I've now fixed. I'm much more confident in my resume now.